Title:Incentive Compensation Manager
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Incentive Compensation Manager in our Lexington, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Incentive Compensation Manager working on the Sales Operations team, you will be empowered to lead development of incentive compensation strategy, goal setting, comprehensive analysis of compensation plan options, and resulting financial impact and presentation of key findings to management. A typical day will include:
- Implementing and monitoring the goals, incentive compensation plans and awards programs the Sales IC Executive Committee approves.
- Creates a field sales communication plan and timeline for the incentive compensation and awards programs.
- Works closely with sales, marketing, analytics research and financial management to provide compensation insight and to ensure consistency between corporate strategies and field compensation plans.
- Responsible for the sales incentive payout, goal setting and awards reporting processes. Consults with senior leaders in sales, HR, Legal, Finance and other departments to ensure a fair, consistent, robust and transparent administration process.
- Lead the development of the Specialty sales incentive compensation (IC) philosophy and strategy.
- Lead the development of the sales incentive planning process, including strategic overview, and analysis of plan and goal setting options that motivate field sales personnel to achieve high levels of sales results, adhere to the Guiding Principles of the IC Philosophy and also effectively balance conflicts among competing objectives. Ensures the pros and cons of different IC Plan and award program options that address conflicts between competing priorities are understood by all members of the Sales IC Governance Committee so that they can make an informed decision on the appropriate course of action to pursue.
- Provide guidance and direction to department for the production of complex, prospective analytical modeling based on assumptions guided by experience, logical thought and understanding of mathematics and statistics to define and predict probabilities of budget compliance for sales and awards programs. Tracks budget compliance based on projected results and reports projections, with explanations of variance, to Sales IC Governance Committee.
- Designs, checks for quality and manages the distribution of monthly incentive compensation reports to the field and internal management including all award programs.
- Administers the incentive plan payout by preparing payout data, and publishing payout reports for sales management. Coordinates the delivery of payout information to Payroll.
- Supports organization to generate analysis to support key business initiatives as it relates to the field incentive plans including strategic overview, and analysis of plan and goal setting options. Performs monthly, quarterly and annual analysis of the field incentive plan to Senior Management. Guides the analysis of the development of any changes to the field incentive plan as business needs arise.
- Handles ad-hoc field questions relating to quotas and incentives. Works with Senior Sales Management to develop appropriate communication tools for the field so that Regional Sales Directors, Account Managers, District Managers and Representatives fully understand how their incentive plans and award programs work. Serves as main point of contact for the field to enhance their understanding of Sales IC Plans and Awards Programs so that field sales can better explain and take ownership of the programs.
- Performs monthly and ad hoc analysis of sales data
- Prepares projections and forecasts.
- Works closely with BU Heads, Forecasting, and other stakeholders to determine an appropriate national level goal to be allocated to the field so that individual (territory/district/region) level goals are not only challenging but also realistic.
- Fulfills ad-hoc report requests and data investigations for potential adjustments for sales management.
- Performs monthly quality control of data. Responsible for the generation and distribution of monthly and quarterly compensation reports.
- Responsible for the accuracy, generation and distribution of monthly Sales IC bonus reports to all levels in field sales. Coordinates the delivery of payout information to Payroll.
- Coordinates with IT and HR to ensure quarterly eligibility file is accurate for payouts and award program administration.
- Develops equitable award program methodologies for Cresset and other awards as needed, based on guidance of Sales IC Governance Committee.
- Reports quarterly Sales IC results to Sales IC Governance Committee.
- Manages vendor relationships as appropriate and per the respective contracts.
- Responsible for the development and communication of the field incentive plan and award programs, including field sales training classes.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree in business or an analytical field such as finance, statistics, economics, math, engineering, etc.
- Five (5) years experience in pharmaceutical incentive compensation design and administration, or comparable experience in quantitative field.
- Seven (7) years experience in sales operations or comparable experience in quantitative field.
- Must have a firm grasp of the pharmaceutical industry and comprehensive knowledge of analytical techniques as related to sales force deployment and incentive compensation. In addition, must have strong analytical and model-building capabilities and be familiar with the tenants of brand strategy. An understanding of sales data and IT is required.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Advanced communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of one or more coding techniques, for example Access or Excel; SAS, VBA. Advanced skill level required.
- Understands Takeda s operating structure and methods.
- Understands the pharmaceutical industry and the prescription drug distribution process.
- Familiar with Windows programs and proficient with assorted computer applications.
- Able to make correct decisions in an autonomous environment.
- Able to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner to all levels of the organization.
- Able to retrieve, add, update and delete information from a computer system for extended periods of time while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to identify the critical issues of problems or opportunities using appropriate information and elevate issued according to their reach and severity.
- Able to work with others and assume the lead in accomplishing departmental goals.
- Able to prepare and present presentations to many levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to manage large projects that impact different departments.
- Ability to travel with limited overnight stay; usually sales related meetings.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.