The Maintenance Lead will oversee the maintenance of equipment at the site. This includes day-to-day maintenance and support; preventive and corrective maintenance, shutdown scheduling and vendor management. Primary responsibilities include ensuring safe and efficient hands-on maintenance of all manufacturing and utilities equipment in addition to provide in the field oversight and troubleshooting while maintaining communication with the supervisor.
Job Function and Description
- Maintain daily communications with the supervisor, planning/scheduling and manufacturing counterparts to ensure needs are met.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with GA state and federal EPA regulation and laws. Specific responsible system repairs, upkeep, and maintenance managed within regulating agencies such as OSHA.
- Lead meetings to discuss the challenges from the previous shift, work for continuation, lessons learned & safety topics.
- Serve as supervisor liaison during absence of the leadership (weekends, vacation or sick).
- Indoctrinates and mentors new personnel of standard practices of the industry.
- Provide on the floor mentoring and work practice for field maintenance, confined space and other infrequent maintenance.
- Efficiently coordinate the workflow and documentation of PMs and WOs.
- Review daily Corrective Maintenance (CM), Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Calibration work to ensure man power is level loaded throughout the day.
- Realign work schedule support manufacturing equipment interruption as needed.
- Perform daily work order activities per Planning/Scheduling.
- Assist with troubleshooting of process equipment issues including mechanical, electrical, metrology, or automation as needed.
- Support equipment IQ/OQ/PQ/Validation startup activities.
- Support Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) activities to include Condition Monitoring and Infrared Technologies.
- Perform and support assigned Metrology activities as assigned.
- Assist and direct contractor/vendor activities as assigned.
- Familiarity with Change Control, Site, and Divisional SOPs related to position and department are required.
- Provide feedback for procedural revision s as necessary (JP s, HECP s, JHA s, etc.).
- Strict adherence to EH&S guidelines and policies required to ensure compliance to Georgia state, federal EPA, and OSHA regulatory agencies.
- Maintain all mandatory training requirements current, ensuring compliance to site DP s and job performance qualifications.
- Maintain two-way performance dialogue with your Supervisor to ensure mid, annual, and PDP processes are completed in timely fashion.
- Demonstrate continuous personal pursuit to increasing job knowledge, proficiency in technical understanding, and problem solving abilities.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and customer oriented attitude.
- Communicate concerns related to safe work practices, hostile work environment, sexual harassment, or any other type of employee misconduct directly to the Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting/problem solving skills are a must. Must be knowledgeable with respect to the operation and maintenance of various Process Manufacturing systems.
- Possess very strong verbal and written communication skills, documentation practices (cGDPs), good manufacturing practices (cGMP), be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong mechanical knowledge of equipment, using P&ID s, equipment manuals, specifications, SOPs, and be able to use proper judgment when taking corrective actions during equipment malfunctions.
- Possess or have ability to gain knowledge of NFPA 70E electrical qualifications.
- Possess or have ability to gain knowledge of FDA, OSHA, EH&S, EPA, and state of Georgia requirements.
- Must possess computer skills (Word, Excel, BAS, Scada, Electronic Mail, Intranet) to navigate, conduct searches, and complete on-line forms for purposes of training, performance management, self-service applications, and communication purposes.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Engineering technology desired but not required.
- Prefer 6+ years combination of education, training, and experience in a cGMP or equivalent related environment.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.