Global Business Development Transactions Lead (Director)
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Global Business Development Transactions Lead (Director) in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Global Business Development Transactions Lead (Director) working on the Global Business Development team, you will be empowered to execute the transaction strategy for your assigned projects, which can vary across multiple Therapeutic Areas., and a typical day will include:
- The Director Corporate Business Development executes the transaction strategy for their assigned project, which can can vary across multiple Therapeutic Areas. In this role they work to evaluate and present opportunities, project manage the transaction process and assist with execution deliverables.
- As a core member of Corporate Development, primary responsibilities include: help establish the Business Development (BD) strategy, identify and drive significant BD opportunities aligned with that strategy, manage due diligence needs and project reporting deliverables and support execution requirements set by Senior Leadership.
For their assigned Therapeutic Area projects, and for additional corporate initiatives as needed and directed by the Senior Director / VP and/ or Head of Corporate Development:
- Performs analyses of complex and/or multipart opportunities requiring extensive collaboration to assess applicability of M&A, JV, License, Divestment and other Structured Product Transactions.
- Participate and occasionally lead strategic business engagements and negotiations of transactions as directed by Corporate Development leadership.
- Manages business relationships and counsels business partners, internally and externally, on transaction and strategic issues pertaining to Corporate Development, licensing/ strategic alliance arrangements.
- Develops and maintains key relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally.
- Assists with determines appropriate candidates to pursue based on analysis, builds presentations and makes recommendations to Takeda executive leadership.
- Work closely with other Global Business Development (GBD) members as well as the relevant BUs/Corporate functions (e.g, Finance, Legal, Operations).
- Participates as a member of or manages a team for projects going to governance bodies, integration team leader or executive sponsor
- Occasionally requested to manage special projects for Head of Corporate Development.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS required, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Deal list of executed transactions required.
- Minimum 8 years business development experience with 5 years pharmaceutical/biotech/healthcare industry experience. Demonstrated exposure to R&D and/or Commercial Operations.
- Experience Managing, Leading or Co-Leading a transaction.
- Experience directing and managing cross-functional groups to accomplish corporate goals.
- Strong commercial or analytical background in business development, life science banking, and/or marketing or equivalent.
- Proven experience managing a broad and diverse team.
- Deep understanding of the drug development, approval, and commercialization process.
- Cross-functional non-sales experience, e.g., Marketing, Finance, HR, etc. desired Demonstrated success in interacting directly with scientific, marketing and other senior management executives from business and health care institutions on an international level.
- Experience working in a matrix environment with track record of accountability and execution.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Gains commitment from team members and other colleagues to act on strategies, plans and goals.
- Organizational Effectiveness ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to provide best possible financial plans and drive impactful analytical projects.
- Communication ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner.
- Ownership Attitude ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a rapidly changing global environment while flexible enough to adapt to Global differences in work style and culture.
- Teamwork ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment with colleagues who work in international locations and with outside partners, companies and investors.
- 30% travel required, including internationally.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.