Sr. Manager Trainee - Competitive Program Salary
Takeda is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthamolics. Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
A subsidiary of Takeda, BioLife is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States. BioLife currently has over 90 Plasma Center locations across the United States, and we are growing!
To provide the highest-quality plasma to meet the expectations of our customers, ensuring the availability of life-saving therapies for patients.
To be the leading plasma supply company in the world by continuously improving, to ensure:
Every employee is valued and a fully engaged member of our team
Every donor is recognized for his or her contribution and given exceptional service
Every process is innovative and efficient
Every customer is delighted with our performance
About the Sr. Manager Trainee Role
Takeda is looking for self-motivated individuals to enter into our expedited Sr. Management Trainee Program, and advance into a Center Manager position for one of our BioLife Plasma Center locations across a wide network. As a Sr. Manager Trainee you will have a unique experience to immerse in multiple dynamic work environments, through our comprehensive travel package.
Trainees learn to manage all operational aspects of a plasma collection facility, to include financial, marketing, administrative, regulatory, quality, personnel, and facilities management functions. The program helps trainees develop skill sets for forecasting and attaining production and cost goals while assuring compliance with the company, local and federal regulations for a plasma collection center, producing approximately 60,000 or more liters per year.
Qualifications for this role: Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience leading medium to large-scale teams for results (approximately 5+ years)
Experience working with SOPs, GDP, GMP, CLIA, FDA or within another highly regulated industry preferred.
Primary Responsibilities of the Manager Trainee role include:
- Drives personal learning and development with the goal of supervising all operations of a plasma collection facility. This includes learning about and maintaining compliance with GDP, GMP, SOP, CfR, CLIA, OSHA, and all other federal, state, local and company regulations related to safety, purity, potency and quality of product, as well as employee and donor safety.
- Assists in center production as needed, to ensure ongoing compliance and efficient operation of the business. Targets understanding & analysis of operational and compliance data to ensure production, forecast and cost goals are attained
- Focuses heavily on personal leadership skill development to ensure continued plasma donor retention, high customer service levels, employee engagement, employee retention, and an environment of teamwork.
- Resolves related facility and equipment maintenance issues and manage inquiries for facility information.
- Assists in the management and execution of all aspects of staff relations. Includes staff communication, providing ongoing feedback to employees, developing employee talent to support company growth, performance reviews and compensation, planning for staff recruitment and assisting in management of the recruiting process. May support and conduct management training.
The Sr. Manager Trainee Level development program will be for a period of up to 6 months. After completion of the development program, Manager Trainees will have an additional 6 months to establish a Center Manager position.
Other Important Requirements:
- During the Sr. Management Trainee Program, trainees must either live near a BioLife Plasma Services location or travel to a BioLife facility.
- Must maintain a valid driver s license for the entire duration of the program.
- Ability to travel (includes flying) up to 90%-100% of the time for duration of training program, and relocation (geographic preferences considered) upon completion of program.
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent lifting up to 32 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of production based work tasks require pro-longed glove wear.
Joining the Takeda team also means being offered amazing benefits!
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation and Company Paid Holidays
o Vacation minimum of 15 days and 10 paid holidays
- Comprehensive Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Retirement Savings Program
o Generous employer contribution and matching plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Are you ready to work for a company that serves a greater purpose? Apply today
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.