Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Outcome Research in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Director, Outcome Research working on the Health Economics Outcome Research team, you will be empowered to contribute to the successful development and commercialization of new and innovative peri-approval and marketed products in the U.S and help shape strategy, identify best practices, and contribute to the development of a best-in-class HEOR team, focused on field-based collaborative research.. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by providing quality and outcomes research leadership for assigned therapeutic areas. A typical day will include:
- Lead the development of value propositions that differentiate assigned products for payers, policymakers, healthcare providers, consumers and other stakeholders.
- Lead multiple work streams relating to HEOR business areas (e.g., health economic modeling, value communications, observational research, pragmatic clinical trials, adherence programs, Beyond the Pill (BTP) initiatives) to a high standard.
- Maintain awareness of scientific developments in assigned therapeutic area(s), new and innovative methodologies, and trends in the evolving healthcare landscape, to assure incorporation into U.S. Medical strategies and research plans.
- Work within a multidisciplinary, matrixed organization to support the development and creation of medical and research strategies for assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Management, including design, implementation and communication of results of Health Economics Outcome Research research studies that help achieve product-specific objectives.
- Longitudinal prospective observational, pragmatic clinical trials, and/or patient registries evaluating clinical, patient-centered, and/or economic endpoints;
- Longitudinal retrospective studies of existing databases to assess patient characteristics, treatment patterns, and associated clinical, economic and/or patient-reported outcomes;
- Retrospective or prospective evaluations of disease natural history and treatment patterns, including drug utilization and adherence;
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Combination of academic training and practical experience in scientific methods is required.This may be consist of:
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D. or Dr.P.H.) in a relevant discipline such as, but not limited to, health services research, health outcomes research, epidemiology, pharmacy administration, public health, psychology, economics, statistics or decision sciences, plus 8 years practical experience, or
- Clinical degree (e.g., in medicine, pharmacy, nursing) and a master s degree in a related discipline (as noted above), with ten years practical experience, and
- Practical experience (preferred number of years as noted above) in performing applied healthcare research, in any setting, including life sciences company, research organization, academic institution or governmental agency, is required.
- Expert knowledge and experience in management of applied healthcare research in the multi-disciplinary drug development and commercialization environment and process (involving multiple stakeholders) is expected.
- In-depth knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system is expected.
- Demonstrated expertise in applied healthcare research (such as, but not limited to, health services evaluation, six-sigma, patient registries, pragmatic clinical trials, retrospective or prospective observational studies, patient-reported outcomes/health-related quality of life assessment, clinical-economic modeling and analysis, meta-analysis) is required.
- Takeda is a global company with corporate headquarters in Japan and with Pharmaceutical Development Division (PDD) headquarters in Boston, MA, USA.
- Travel to meetings (sometimes requiring overnight stays) involving Takeda colleagues, research partners, and/or external stakeholders is a requirement of the position.
- Some international travel may be required.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.