Title: Senior Publications Manager
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Publications Manager in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Publications Manager working on the US Medical Office team, you will be empowered to interact with key internal stakeholders and support the overall team on various tasks. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by providing support to the Director, Publications and others in liaising with internal and external key stakeholders such as opinion leaders, investigators, authors, partners, and affiliates on publication activities related to assigned compound(s). A typical day will include:
- The Senior Publications Manager will work with the Sr. Director, Publications and other members of US Medical Office (USMO) Publications in support of an integrated strategic and tactical publication plan(s) for assigned compound(s).
- Publication activities include managing scientific data disclosures of assigned compound(s) for external audiences, supporting the Director, USMO Publications, and others in executing on publication strategies and plans, managing and directing external partners/vendors, and working collaboratively with the Director, Publications, USMO Publications, and Program Management Office to ensure successful publication plan operations and budgeting. At times, the Senior Manager may be asked to provide support for other USMO publication activities, including training, coaching, and mentoring others within the USMO Publication Team.
- Interaction with key internal stakeholders, which may include members of the assigned USMO Product Medical Unit(s) including Medical/Scientific/Clinical Directors, and other functional medical partners such as Outcomes Research, Field Medical, Medical Communications, Program Management; other US Business Unit Stakeholders; and Global functional groups such as Medical, Publications, Regulatory, Statistics, and Legal.
- Provide support to the Director, Publications and others in liaising with internal and external key stakeholders such as opinion leaders, investigators, authors, partners, and affiliates on publication activities related to assigned compound(s).
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate documentation and/or business systems utilized for assigned scientific publications.
- Supports, manages, and implements the delivery of assigned US Medical Office publication strategy(s) and tactical plan(s) to support overall shared medical and business objectives and contributes to the overall product medical communication plan.
- Work with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to manage the development and execution of assigned strategic publication plan(s) and manage cross-functional teams and external partners on specific publication planning efforts.
- Manages and tracks execution of assigned plan(s) and manages associated publication plan budget(s) informing Director, Publications and key stakeholders of issues or deviations. Works collaboratively and responsibly regarding budget management and reports issues and opportunities in a timely fashion to stakeholders (USMO Product Unit Medical Team, PMO, etc.) and management. As identified provides support to the Director, Publications in training, coaching, and mentoring members of USMO Publications.
- Manages assigned vendor(s) and ensures good publication practices are followed and implemented consistent with agreed upon project expectations and timelines. Monitors the current resource level for assigned publication tactic(s) or program(s) with the external vendor model; assesses performance against current USMO Publication strategy and plan(s), and addresses identified issues in a timely fashion with management.
- Follows approved processes for development of Takeda-sponsored publications that ensure compliance, good publication practices, enhance functional productivity and establish business relationships to increase the value of the USMO work product while keeping key stakeholders and management informed about the business.
- Actively participates in assigned Publication Team meetings, attends Product Medical Unit Team Meetings as identified, Medical Communication Team Meetings, and other related meetings (i.e., USMO related; USBU related) as identified.
- Maintains a solid understanding and up to date knowledge of the assigned therapeutic area(s) and compound(s) under his/her responsibility.
- Reviews manuscripts, abstracts, and poster/slide content for accuracy and scientific rigor as requested; and provides oversight/management for writing projects ensuring adherence to timelines.
- Attends conferences, symposia or other meetings as necessary or as assigned and acts as liaison between USMO Medical Communications, USMO and Global Medical Affairs, Global Publications, and external content contributors.
- Ensures publication planning/workflow tools and systems are maintained, accurate, and adherent to relevant Takeda policies, SOPs, and compliance guidelines. Stay up to date and knowledgeable of publication best practices, ethical considerations, and industry guidelines.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor s degree, preferably in a scientific discipline.
- At least 4 years of experience post-graduation/training.
- At least 3 years of publication planning experience within the pharmaceutical industry including submission processes for publications, or directly transferable skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of pertinent external guidelines related to industry publications, and current standards of good publication practice.
- Pharmaceutical, biomedical, or scientific writing experience.
- Advanced degree, preferably in a scientific discipline, or sufficient applicable experience.
Experience and efficiency with publication planning/workflow tools.
- Demonstrated results in medical communications functions (within pharmaceutical, biotech or agency), which may include publications, medical information and other functional areas within Medical Affairs.
- Understating of pharmaceutical clinical development and product life-cycle management.
- Working experience in cross-functional teams within the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Ability to understand and interpret medical/scientific data and develop strategic messaging.
- Experience and knowledge of clinical trial reports, data presentation, and interpretation.
- Experience in Medical Affairs/R&D functions, including Medical Communications.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel to various professional meetings, conferences and client sites limited overnight. Some international travel may be required.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.