Title: R0035465 Medical Director, HAE (USBU)
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Medical Director in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Medical Director working on the US Medical Office team, you will be empowered to provide scientific insight and develop strategy for assigned compounds. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by leading and developing relevant medical responsibilities. A typical day will include:
- Develop and maintain relationships externally through Advisory Boards, Professional Associations, Professional Meetings and Conferences, etc. to achieve Takeda s scientific objectives.
- Assist in managing the budget for the specific Cost Center and provide direction and oversight for the overall therapeutic area budget.
- Provide medical direction and review for pre and post launch regulatory strategies (which may include label (PI), protocols, Supplemental NDA s, etc.)
- Either directly, or indirectly through supervision, oversee the medical review and sign off of promotional pieces in support of the committee for products within the specific therapeutic area(s).
- Participate in the publications strategy for assigned compounds by providing scientific and publication planning input.
- Provide input to confidential New Business Development opportunities within the respective therapeutic area of expertise, as required.
- Provide support for departmental initiatives that further our business, and support other departments within Takeda such as New Product Planning, Government Affairs, and some TAU related projects, etc.
- Other medical and scientific support duties as assigned.
- Interact internally with senior level Takeda management; advise and negotiate, as required, to guide the overall activities of the specific compound(s) and therapeutic area.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- MD degree or DO degree preferred with at least 7 years of relevant clinical practice, research, academic and/or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Other advanced degreed professionals (PharmD, Ph. D) considered depending on past relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, and/or clinical work, research, or academic endeavors.
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress presentations, and public speaking.
- Board certification in therapeutic area related to the position.
- Life cycle management experience.
- Maintain minimum standards of in individual professional discipline
- Up to 50% travel; to include Domestic and International travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.