Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientific Director in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
- Translates the integrated product medical strategy into scientific insights and data to derive the scientific narrative to be incorporated into medical strategic decision making and multi-channel communication/training materials.
- Creates and manages budget for assigned program/product.
- Interacts with external societies and advocacy groups for assigned program.
- Builds alliance partner relationships for assigned program as appropriate. Plan and manage US Medical Affairs activities such as medical and scientific training, advisory boards, medical conferences and communication of relevant learning across the Takeda organization for assigned program. Act as a scientific lead for assimilation, dissemination and archival of all content developed for the assigned Therapeutic Areas and Products.
- Participates and sometimes leads cross-functional meetings with other USMO teams as well as commercial/brand team and global product teams.
- Presents the scientific narrative/scientific platform to cross functional partners and external scientific audience.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and represents USMO by providing scientific and/or strategic insights for assigned area/product teams. Committees may include: Commercial and cross functional TA / Product Teams, US Brand Teams, Launch Planning Teams, Life Cycle Management teams, research teams, Global Outcomes Research Teams, Global Publication Teams, Alliance Partner Teams, and any other teams designated as the compounds evolve. Serves as the back up to the Sr. Scientific Director for the TA Medical Unit on Advisory Boards Global Training meetings and Speaker Training Programs.
- Assist in protocol development and facilitate review, identify appropriate collaborators for research projects in assigned program.
- Responsible for managing and/or coaching other scientific team members and managers; setting performance and development expectations and assessments.
- Responsible for driving regional medical advisory boards for the assigned therapeutic area/products per company and OEC guidelines.
- Monitors integrated medical strategy for assigned program/product including budgets (identifying risks as needed) using reports and dashboards provided by product medical unit support.
- Continuously surveys and translates scientific findings and market events in the assigned therapeutic area to ensure awareness and alignment among internal Takeda partners on issues of potential impact to Takeda/brand and discusses opportunities and action plans.
- Leads teams in developing and maintaining scientific and therapeutic knowledge management resources in the assigned program/product to support activities aligned with scientific and clinical strategies this includes oversight for relevant training activities.
- Develops and maintains a broad network of mutually supportive relationships with internal Takeda colleagues (including GMA, R&D, Marketing, Managed Care, Sales, and other affiliates) to ensure that MA scientific strategies are integrated with those of Takeda as a whole.
- Leads the development of the integrated US Launch plan in support of the Takeda wide Integrated Launch Plan (ILP) and will serve as the medical affairs point on the Core Launch Team for assigned product/program.
- Collaborates with Healthcare Quality & Outcomes team and appropriate commercial colleagues to develop product value proposition for payers/providers. Seeks partnership opportunities with external groups and works with internal colleagues to develop program (i.e. disease management program).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- The position requires and advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) in a medical or science-related specialty, although years of experience in the medical field may be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
- At least 10 years of healthcare or related experience (clinical practice, research, academic or other) following award of said degree, including 6 years of pharmaceutical industry experience (R&D, medical affairs and/or commercial functions).
- 4 years of combined experience in assigned franchise disease state.
- Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Strong scientific credentials are required in order to in order to communicate with Key Opinion / Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the key phases, processes, and compliance factors and techniques that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant connections and integration points between Medical Affairs and stakeholders across the Development and Commercial functions.
- Proven track record of matrix, teamwork, leading cross-functional teams, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and negotiate projects and priorities across functions and/or organizations.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory environment of pharmaceutical industry.
- Visible leadership, personnel management, and ability to work as a team player.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- MBA or relevant business degree; project management.
- Previous cross functional experience.
- Doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or PhD.
- Knowledge of and experience with Medical Affairs processes and tools.
- 25-40 % of domestic and international travel will be required to attend key internal and relevant professional meetings.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.