Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Senior Medical Director, Hematology in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
- Provides strategic planning, scientific and medical support and is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of medical and scientific communication platform, research strategies including post-approval investigator initiated research, phase 4 and contracted research. In addition, provides medical input into the long-term vision and growth strategies for the compounds within the related portfolio of TPUSA.
- Serve as the in-house medical and scientific expert for drugs within assigned therapeutic area and represent medical affairs on the following committees: Functional and Commercial Planning Teams, strategic Global Program Strategy Teams (GPTs), Medical-Regulatory-Legal (MRL) Teams, Investigator Initiated Sponsored Research (IISR) and Medical Affairs research Committees, Medical Education Committees, , Publication teams, and other teams as designated.
- Interact internally with and support colleagues from Alliance Management, Business Development, Government Affairs, Marketing and Sales.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key external experts through Professional Associations, Professional Meetings and Conferences, etc. in support of common scientific objectives.
- Seek input and alignment with key internal stakeholders on therapeutic area initiatives (e.g., research gap analysis, communication plans, novel indications, etc.).
- Assist in managing the budget for the specific Cost Center and provide direction and oversight for the US MA overall therapeutic area budget.
- Provide medical and scientific direction and review for pre and post launch regulatory strategies (which may include label (PI), protocols, NDAs and Supplemental NDA s, etc.).
- Either directly, or indirectly through supervision, oversee the medical review and sign off of promotional pieces in support of the Medical-Regulatory-Legal committee for products within your therapeutic area(s).
- Participate in the publications strategy for assigned compounds by providing scientific and publication planning input, including review and sign off of materials for medical/scientific presentations and publications.
- Interact internally with senior level management requiring negotiation to guide the overall activities of the specific compound and therapeutic area.
- Develop and maintain relationships externally through Advisory Boards, Professional Associations and Meetings to achieve Takeda s scientific objectives.
- Participate in external alliances and partnerships to further Takeda's scientific objectives.
- Provide support for departmental initiatives and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- MD degree or DO degree preferred with at least 7 plus years of experience in pharmaceutical industry and/or academic research, relevant clinIcal experience, or equivalent combination.
- Other advanced degreed professionals (PharmD, Ph. D) considered depending on past relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, and/or clinical work, research, or academic endeavors.
- Experience with publication activities, congress presentations and public speaking.
- Life cycle management experience.
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs.
- Board certification in therapeutic are related to position.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com