Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Associate Director - DMPK in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
We are seeking a highly motivated and well accomplished scientific leader in pharmacokinetics to join the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) Department of Takeda Pharmaceuticals in Cambridge, MA. This leader will sit on multi-functional project teams to provide strategic DMPK support to the discovery and development of biologics programs with a focus on biologics and gene therapies for rare diseases. The support includes engaging with colleagues across Rare Disease R&D to ensure smooth and thorough translation from pre-clinical studies to clinical studies and supplying dose predictions of efficacy and safety in patients. This leader will supervise PK scientist. Experience in gene therapy or rare disease is desirable. Knowledge and expertise in modeling such as PK/PD and PBPK is desirable plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent DMPK in discovery and development project teams. Initiate and engage in multifunctional collaborations to facilitate the advancement of drug candidates and build thorough knowledge of drug candidate properties
- Be responsible for the design and interpretation of DMPK studies necessary for the selection of clinical candidates
- Work closely with Rare Disease R&D to establish and strengthen translational science strategy in patients
- Play a visible and critical role in global DMPK to share learning and enhance consistency in best practices across sites and disease areas about gene therapies and establish a global DMPK support strategy for new modalities in Rare Disease.
- Manage Ph.D and Master level PK scientists
- Keep up to date with emerging literature and science in the gene therapy development and
- Ph.D. degree in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology, or related discipline;
- 10+ year industrial experience with demonstrated impact on biologics and/or ADC drug discovery and/or development.
- Thorough understanding of the basic principles of pharmacokinetics preferred.
- Track record of scientific accomplishment as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications and/or inventions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate complex research findings and recommendations and seek to excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability for critical thinking and strong analytical skills to evaluate complex information for the identification of key scientific findings related to projects.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities while meeting tight deadlines
- Maintains excellent working relationships with colleagues and collaborators
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.