Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist/Senior Scientist, Single Cell Analytics - Cell Therapy in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Scientist/Senior Scientist, Single Cell Analytics - Cell Therapy working on the Pharm Science, Cell Therapy team, you will be empowered to build a world class cell therapy team.
This scientist/senior scientist position will play an important role in leading single cell analytical development for cellular therapy products and driving the project towards clinical. Independently plans and executes assay development and validation. Prepares study protocols, reports, technology transfer documentation, and regulatory documents for clinical trials. Presents study results at team or department meetings, to external partners or at conferences.
- Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders
- Provides technical leadership to project teams within area of expertise and commits resources to execute specific project tasks.
- Contributes significantly and independently to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data cross-functionally within CMC and/or project teams.
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Represents functional area on GCT project teams by communicating activities from designated functional area to project team
- Supports local and global initiatives which may include leading initiatives or work streams
- Serves as a technical resource for junior staff and leverages expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer.
- Independently designs and executes experiments, and reports results
- Assists with development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
- Builds and maintains relationships with key vendors and assists with technical aspects of vendor negotiations
- Proactively analyses manufacturing issues and coordinates potential resolution with the CMC team.
- Responsible for integrating scientific/technical efforts around cross-functional issues
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in biology, pharmacy, chemical or biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 3+ years relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge in immunology and cell therapies
- Extensive hand-on experiences in single cell analytical assays, e.g. scRNAseq, flow cytometry and/or single cell cytokine measurement platforms.
- Capability of data analysis and visualization using various bioinformatic tools is strongly preferred
- Experiences in working in multidiscipline teams and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally
- Understanding of correlative studies in the clinical setting and prior experience with IND, NDA or BLA desirable
- May require approximately 5-10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.