Senior Sourcing Manager: Patient Recruitment and Study Support, Cambridge, MA
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Sourcing Manager in R&D Procurement in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Sourcing Manager working in the Global Real Estate, Facilities and Procurement Team (GREFP), you will be empowered to work closely with leaders across Clinical Development to facilitate the development and execution of a comprehensive Global Category Strategy for Patient Recruitment and Retention and eTMF while managing external spend less than $100m. The role will work closely with the Global Category Manager and our business partners and stakeholders in Clinical Development to administer and deliver a comprehensive strategy for delivery.
- Leads strategic sourcing for a broad group of categories with a goal obtaining the highest quality goods and services at optimal cost to Takeda. Manages cross-functional teams through the strategic sourcing process and overall supplier management. Makes decisions, with internal partners on sourcing; assuring supply, quality, service, cost, innovation and regulatory terms for the lowest total cost of ownership. Develops short and long term local, regional, sourcing strategies for high complexity categories.
- Independently manages all sourcing activities of cross functional/regional teams of resources, including definition of user requirements, analyzing spend and vendor usage patterns, conducting supply market analyses, development of the category sourcing strategy, vendor evaluation and selection and value contribution (savings, productivity, risk mitigation) for Takeda s highest complexity/risk spend categories.
- Leads, mentors and develops a strategic sourcing staff and fosters a culture that attracts and rewards high quality supply chain professionals.
- Responsible for the end product of direct reports, which may include difficult/complex decision making for high importance, high value Takeda contracts.
- Proactively identify opportunities to leverage and align local/regional business units sourcing opportunities within Takeda.
- Independently develops, recommends, and gains buy in for sourcing strategies.
- Serves as chief negotiator on behalf of Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. for business terms associated with key supplier contracts.
- Actively lead working teams relevant to category responsibilities
- Maintains an understanding of category trends, multiple markets and changing business models associated with a broad spectrum of goods and services that directly affect the profitability of the corporation. Leads industry analysis, interprets information and translates into actionable strategies.
- Creates and maintains necessary tools to execute and track value contribution of sourcing strategies on a continuous basis.
- Develops key performance indicators, cost savings targets, and metrics. Evaluates suppliers against those requirements by establishing and maintaining contractual and business relationships with suppliers; monitor contract compliance. Manages supplier performance including supplier scorecards and continuous improvement plans.
- Create and/or deliver executive-level presentations to support a functional business case, delivery of value, or critical business decision: Proactively initiates, fosters, and manages new and existing positive relationships with senior level internal customers.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
- Position carries project management and delivery responsibility. This will require strong professional competency in Project Management, communication and procurement.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree
- 8+ years relevant business experience
- Previous people management experience
- Strong project management skills
- Strong negation experience
- Demonstrated success of leading cross functional project teams to achieving documented savings through various sourcing strategies
- Multi-tasking, flexible, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and presentation development skills
- Solid relationship building skills, both with suppliers and with internal customers
- High degree of business acumen, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task
- Experience with procurement and sourcing tools
- Strong experience leading strategic sourcing programs
- 10+ years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience including sourcing of services and other categories, contract negotiations and supplier management programs
- Experience leading cost reduction and value improvement programs
- Prior experience managing sourcing professionals
- Documented international strategic sourcing experience
- Broad indirect or MRO sourcing related background
- Experience with large organization-wide systems such as SAP Materials Management
- Experience with Sourcing technologies such as Emptoris or Ariba
- Professional certifications or memberships: CPM, CPSM, CPA, ISM
- Ability to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) for up to 30% of time for meetings at Takeda and supplier sites.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.