Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Director, R&D Project Management in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director of R&D Project Management working on the team, you will drive portfolio performance and provides organizational development, communications and project management expertise for key cross-functional Takeda-wide initiatives., and a typical day will include:
- Responsible for driving areas critical for achieving Project Management (PM) Excellence.
- Provides the vision and strategy associated with defining and implementing global R&D project management standards and methodology across Takeda R&D.
- Drive Portfolio Performance and provides organizational development, communications and project management expertise for key cross-functional Takeda-wide initiatives.
- Serves as the strategic subject matter expert in the areas of R&D project management skills, project budgeting processes, and global R&D project consolidation.
- Utilizes appropriate vehicles (stakeholder engagement) to define cross-R&D PM training needs and develops or acquires effective training programs consistent with such needs assessments.
- Ensures linkage and consistent application project management methodologies, process and tools across Takeda R&D.
- Monitors implementation of PMO systems and tools; addresses issues and develops associated training/re-training plans.
- Partners with the Systems, Reporting and Analytics team to develop the strategy and development of R&D Dashboards and Reports targeting multiple key R&D performance indicators (KPIs) as well as cross-functional, cross-divisional project information and progress/status. These reports are utilized to support Portfolio Review Committee (PRC) (Takeda governance) operations and decision making including project prioritization, funding decisions, goal reconciliation, etc.
- Drive the coordination and content for PM Forums (GPM forum and PM CoOP) ensuring effective and comprehensive engagement of CoOP team, GPM function, PMs and other stakeholders across R&D
- Lead support team TAU/functional interface for issues related to the Project Management tool; provide direct support to TAUs/functions as needed
- Leads multiple, complex initiatives and workstreams in alignment with the CoOP/R&D strategy and roadmap
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Project Management Profession (PMP) certification preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience in Project Management, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry
- 5+ years of line management experience as well as experience managing teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Direct experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related field required
- Previous experience leading a medium to large organization and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders is a plus
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Track record of successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary globally dispersed teams. Strong judge of talent with the ability to make tough talent decisions.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.