Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda Oncology is seeking a highly motivated, lab-based PhD immunologist to drive preclinical immuno-oncology focused projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on highly novel, immuno-oncology directed therapeutic modalities, and will be responsible for advancing internal projects as well as working with external partners. The successful candidate will be at the forefront of immuno-oncology, a field that is bringing revolutionary treatments to oncology patients.
- Design, develop and execute novel immune-oncology focused scientific projects, including analysis and interpretation of studies, both independently and as a member of a team
- Design and develop in vitro immune based assays to inform therapeutic mechanism of action
- Conduct in vivo single agent and combination studies focusing on model development, efficacy, immune-based PD, immune mechanism of action, PK, and tolerability
- Impact highly-matrixed and diverse teams using clear communication and collaborative spirit to drive complex projects towards key milestones
- Present data in internal (team/leadership meetings) and external (collaborator meetings, scientific conferences) settings
- Liaise with external partners to prioritize and align workstreams and update on data findings
- Maintain experimental records and prepare study reports suitable for regulatory filings and external partners
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Immunology with 2+ years experience , or MS with 8+ years experience, or BS with 10+ years experience
- Immunology background and expertise in immune-based experimental techniques (flow cytometry, co-culture techniques, cytokine quantification) required
- Hands-on experience with in vivo syngeneic models required
- Experience working with human immune cells to perform functional assays and relevant co-cultures
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.