OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE (3-4 bullets)
- Provide leadership as an EHS leader for the Takeda Boston campus and assigned building or operation. Influence and direct employees at all levels of the organization to achieve a solid culture of environmental stewardship and safety in a fast-paced research and development environment.
- Manages and provide technical guidance for all assigned EHS programs. Stays up to date on all regulatory changes. Ensures all changes to existing programs are properly managed and communicated throughout the Plant.
- Ensures all assigned programs meet all regulatory and Company requirements.
- Assigned responsibility for specific elements of ISO 14001 and/or ISO 45001 standard. Ensures all assigned management system requirements are followed and processes are in place to ensure the continued certification of the Site.
- Provide leadership as an EHS leader for the Site and assigned building or operation. Influence and direct employees at all levels of the organization to achieve a solid culture of environmental stewardship and safety in a fast-paced research and development environment.
- Manages and provide technical guidance for all assigned EHS programs. Stays up to date on all regulatory changes. Ensures all changes to existing programs are properly managed and communicated throughout the campus and assigned operation.
- Provide strong analytic and problem-solving skills to manage and effectively lead a wide variety of EHS impacts and incidents.
- Drives continuous improvement for all assigned programs and assesses new projects / processes for impact on the environment and/or health and safety of the employees.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with all facility environmental health and safety permits as required by law, regulation and company policy.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Must be a personable, independent and innovative self-starter and have very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet requirements and deadlines, and execute tasks strategically in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple, often concurrent projects, track action items and progress and drive accountability.
- Must have the following personal attributes: integrity and trust, strong work ethic, sound judgment, intellectual honesty, pragmatism, courage and conviction, and personal accountability for results.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint etc)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Must have the ability to efficiently and effectively interact with, lead, participate and facilitate multi-functional teams, as well as outside consultants.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Builds relationships. Initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments.
- Partner with internal colleagues within other departments
- Interact and develop positive working relationships during inspections and audits.
Ability to integarate continuous improvement tools and metholodgy into existing EHS programs.
- Ability to identify resources;
- Ability to take initiative and lead others;
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Typically requires a bachelors' degree, preferably in occupational health and safety, sciences, engineering or related field. 6+ years of related experience with 1+ years as a supervisor.
- B.S. in Environmental, Health or Safety or a related field.
- Experience as Bio-Safety officer and Radiation safety Officer
- CIH and/or CSP qualifications are highly desirable
- Management systems experience
- Experience working in Pharmaceutical Research and Development.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility
- When at R&D facility, must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- Flexibility to engage in work activities outside of the normal 8-hour workday.
- Travel: up to approximately 10% annually