Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Research Associate in our Csmnridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
We are a rapidly evolving translational research laboratory within the Immune Oncology Drug Discovery Unit (ODDU) of Takeda. Our goal is the implementation of innovative cell phenotyping capabilities that drive development of the next generation of immune-modulatory drugs for the treatment of cancer. In this position, you will play an important role in the development and delivery of in situ approaches that can identify specific changes in the tumor-immune mileau in response to our immune oncology drugs undergoing preclinical development. Insights gained from these experiments will be used to inform preclinical go-no go decision making, identify drug mechanisms of action, and identify predictive biomarkers that serve to rationally direct early clinical trial design.
- Establish scientific tissue-based methodologies to support drug target discovery/development, therapeutic modality differentiation, and mechanism of action studies.
- Deliver state-of-the-art oncology biomarker testing and analysis in close collaboration with medical and research scientists to support discovery-stage and early-clinical stage translational research.
- Interact with external vendors to outsource selected immunohistochemistry assays and analysis for support of Discovery projects.
- Develop and execute single and multiplex immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence assays, perform digital capture, and conduct initial image analyses to assess drug-mediated changes across the larger tumor microenvironment.
- Profile primary human tumors for target mapping and reverse translation to identify predictive biomarkers.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with departmental colleagues as well as cell biologists, pharmacologists, pathologists, medical directors, computational biologists and external partners in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment.
- Appropriately document and report data to support regulatory filings.
- Review data from external vendors.
- Responsibilities include ~80% lab work.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of immunohistochemistry and immunohistochemistry as performed on Ventana Ultra and Leica Bond autostainers.
- Independently conduct multiple complex experiments and/or tasks within the project scope while exercising good technical judgement to assure high quality testing and results.
- Recognizes problems related to samples, reagents, equipment, software, methods, and/or processes and troubleshoot/provide technical guidance for resolution.
- Participates in interactions and collaborations across our ODDU programs and teams.
- Prepares and presents technical information at laboratory and department meetings when required.
- Receives high level instructions on work and then independently designs, develops, and executes in situ assignments.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS with 4-6+ years experience in an academic and/or industry setting related to immunohistochemistry, target validation, mechanism of action, pharmacodynamic, and translational strategies for immuno-oncology and antibody based therapeutics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within multi-disciplinary and matrixed teams.
- Good fit with Takeda core values and leadership principles.
- Right attitude (agile, curious, open-minded, can-do mindset).
- Effective time management skills.
- Experience in automated IHC/IF assay development (Leica, Ventana) and analysis of markers in human and animal tissue specimens is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of oncology biology, including immuno-oncology.
- Attendance at scientific conferences or technology workshops.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.