The Associate Director of Sales Training and Communication for Takeda Oncology will have direct responsibility for facilitating sales force effectiveness through maximization of sales team strategy, tactical planning, execution, and support processes. Duties will include partnering with senior sales leadership, marketing, human resources and other stakeholders to ensure that the overall field sales development strategy is aligned to key strategic initiatives across all brands. Partnering also includes the Director of Clinical Nurse Educators and VP US sales to identify strategic opportunities for CNE engagement with HCP customers and patients. Duties also include the execution of a communications program that effectively aligns field direction with our corporate vision and strategy.
Job Function and Description
- Sales Training Strategy (50%)
- Create launch plan of new and acquired products (NINLARO, ALUNBRIG). This includes conducting market research, analysing market opportunities, reviewing field sales footprint and interpreting insights toward establishing a comprehensive launch and/or integration strategy.
- Develop and direct facilitation of all CNE training initiatives for new hires and current team as needed. In addition to NINLARO, this will also include training integration for ICLUSIG and ALUNBRIG.
- Develop strategic plan to integrate acquired product training for US sales, CNEs and USMA team.
- Partner with sales management and marketing teams to identify opportunities to enhance sales force productivity and to develop processes, tools and technology improvements.
- Analyse and organize customer insights and data into strategic recommendations and tactical execution for sales and CNE team
- Interpret market insights to develop just-in-time approaches to implement the sales strategy.
- Select and design tools, procedures and systems related to sales force effectiveness.
- Analyse organizational performance issues in the Field Sales and CNE organization and develop solutions toward increasing productivity.
Sales Excellence (40%)
- Design, develop, and direct delivery of training and development programs that support commercial and brand goals and objectives within agreed timelines, budget, legal/medical/regulatory review process and quality standards.
- Design, develop and direct delivery of CNE specific training and development programs that support CNE objectives and strategic initiatives within agreed timelines, budget, legal/medical/regulatory review process and quality standards.
- Research, recommend, and direct execution of blended learning solutions for Field Training, National Sales Meetings, Representative Development Continuum, and Product Launch Meetings.
- Direct and deliver use of Advisory Boards of field-based personnel to gather feedback and best practices for strategy development and launch planning.
- Manage, direct and create goals and strategy for Regional Training team toward development and implementation of key training tactics.
- Lead the planning, development and execution of national, area and regional sales meetings. Collaborate with key management contacts for marketing, sales, legal, and meeting planning to develop the meeting program that includes product strategy, messaging, training sessions, and related workshops.
- Proactively staying current to all company procedures and regulatory requirements in order to validate and Ensure training records are current, maintained accurately and in compliance with company procedures and all regulatory agencies.
- Identify and monitor risks, barriers, and obstacles, and develop contingency plans as necessary.
Commercial Communications (10%):
- Actively seeks relevant market intelligence and communicates the details, strategy, vision and direction to field sales, market access, nurse educator and medical liaison teams in a tone that promotes our unique culture.
- Proactively keep informed and up-to-date on the relevant industry codes of compliance and all related updates. Communicates clearly and effectively to the national field teams, including any actionable items or expected deliverables.
- Ability to execute programs that:
- Align with the corporate vision & strategy
- Support the profile and reputation of the organization with internal Drives engagement
- Work with all commercial stakeholders to develop relevant communications plan - managing timelines and legal approval of content
- Maintain relevant sections of the Sales Portal intranet
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree required (preferably in business or life sciences); MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 8-10 years overall pharmaceutical sales experience or relevant clinical experience; 3+ years in oncology/hematology
- 4 years of sales management at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company is preferred, but other management experience is adequate
- Minimum 2 years of pharmaceutical sales training experience and/or other relevant experience such as marketing or sales operations or other experience
- Ability to summarize relevant market and business intelligence
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to effectively lead and influence others without management authority
- Ability to manage teams and be part of a management team
- Project management is a plus
- Effective leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to hold others accountable to deadlines and responsibilities
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment across departments and all levels of the organization
- Superior understanding of adult learning principles
- Experience in eLearning development
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, both oral and written
- Skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and eLearning platforms
- Ability to travel (up to 50% of time, including weekends)
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.