Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist I Protein Analytics at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist I Protein Analytics, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
- The Global Biologics Research team is seeking an analytical scientist with experience in biologics characterization using a wide range of state-of-the-art analytical and biophysical methods
- The successful candidate will interface with Biologics discovery and protein expression teams and support discovery efforts in protein analytics and biologics discovery.
- The successful candidate will independently conduct analytical analysis of reagents, Biologics drug candidates.
- Analyze reagents and Biologics drug candidates using UPLC/HPLC, LCMS, ensure the quality of the reagents and drug candidates
- Utilize high-throughput, state-of-the-art Protein Analytics technology platforms to support analytical characterization of lead candidates with diverse and novel modalities including bispecifics, protein fusions, cell therapies, and gene therapies
- Independently conduct high throughput Biologics interaction binding kinetics to support large number of diverse programs
- Interpret results of complex experiments
- Prepare and present comprehensive technical or project reports and formal presentations / posters to a broad range of internal/external audiences
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of protein analytics
- Expertise in wide range of biophysical and analytical methods including UPLC/HPLC based methods: SEC, RP, HIC, IEX, thermal stabilities and stress studies etc.
- Keeps current with emerging trends in biologics discovery and developability
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages own workload
- Scientifically independent
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline, or
- MS with 6+ years experience, or
- BS with 8+ years experience
- Experience in hands on analytical characterization of biologics is required. Industrial experience is desired
- WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA