Title: External Supply Quality Lead
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a External Supply Quality Lead in our Lexington office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
This position has responsibility for Quality Assurance and support of Quality Control, for external Oncology and Small Molecule manufacturing (contract manufacturing organizations, or CMO) and external testing (contract test labs, or CTL), inclusive of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) located Globally.
- Establish the strategy and plans for the ESQL Quality organization to meet the Quality and OpU vision and objectives
- Establish priorities,
- Build a regional patient-centered best in class organization,
- Develop diverse talent and elevate organizational performance,
- Execute on Quality Improvement projects and where appropriate, manage the finances of the team.
- Accountable for the product quality performance at designated CMOs, to ensure compliance and quality risks are identified, communicated and mitigated, and are an integral part of business decisions consistent with cGMP & Takeda Global Quality Standards
- Responsible for product quality performance through product and supplier Quality Risk Management, deviation/investigation review, change management, APQR evaluation, supplier auditing, Key performance Indicators (KPI) and other Quality processes and tools as required. Maintain product and process. Ensure an environment of continuous improvement.
- Accountable for robust supplier quality management practices to support the outsourced manufacturing and testing model in the respective regions.
- Influence supplier Quality practices to ensure product quality performance.
- Creates a clear and unifying vision for the ESQL area to assure product and process compliance.
- Fosters enthusiasm, commitment and dedication to the unifying vision within the team
- Define and champion implementation of compliance strategies, quality plans and Commercial Quality Assurance programs for the management of Takeda outsourced material procurement, product manufacturing/packaging operations to assure the quality and compliance of Takeda and partner products.
- Independently and directly represent Takeda to make decisions on acceptability of quality programs, and ongoing activities at the CMO.
- Establish quality and compliance expectations for CMOs and CTLs; performing strategic systems reviews and coordinate risk/benefit analyses of supplier processes and systems to assure compliance with cGMP s and Takeda Quality System expectations.
- As necessary works with specific Takeda LOCs to assure compliance with country-specific requirements/regulations for the represented markets
- Develop and maintain a broad network of relationships within Takeda s global environment. Represents Takeda and senior management at corporate and regional meetings and, as necessary, with Regulatory Agencies, industry groups and business partners.
- Works with ESQL team to support and/or lead audits of CMOs or CTLs, including development or audit reports and review of the acceptability of CMO/CTL corrective actions.
- Provide leadership and oversight in the assessment of critical changes or deviations for Takeda products, to assure compliance to regulatory commitments, assessment and evaluation of risks, appropriate disposition of product, and correction or improvement of operations to minimize future risks.
- Maintains awareness of relevant legislation and regulatory guidelines and provides interpretation of regulations, and assures that QA supplier management programs, systems and controls are reviewed and updated as needed to assure compliance. As necessary, confirms requirements and regulations of other Takeda markets in support of manufacturing, testing and packaging activities.
- Ensure successful and timely completion of all product submissions, launches and new Takeda initiatives within Takeda, as well as at our contract manufacturing sites.
- Assist with FDA or other regulatory inspections of Oncology, Small Molecule External Supply,, other Takeda facilities or third party suppliers associated with the commercial product supply chain.
- May represent Takeda during regulatory inspections, as needed.
- Identifies key trends and emerging issues at suppliers and implements corrective actions as needed.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology or related discipline, and minimum of 12 years of QA/QC experience in the pharmaceutical industry, and/or QA/QC laboratory environment.
- 10+ years of increasing management responsibility combined with strong technical operations background.
- At least 6 years of people management experience desired.
- Broad understanding of global Health Authorities requirements in the GMP and GDP regulated area; detailed knowledge of EU GMP, ICH, and other relevant regulations; and experience of the duties of the EU Qualified Person.
- Project Management expertise desired
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.