Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Manager I in our Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area Unit in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Manager I, TAU Business Operations will support the Therapeutic Area Unit (TAU) to manage and report on strategic initiatives and activities critical to the efficient operations of the TAU.
Specific duties include:
o General operational support for GI TAU Administration and Infrastructure
o Tactical execution of GI TA Communications Strategy/Plan in partnership with R&D, PVPS, Corporate Communications, including maintenance of GI TA Communications channels
o Logistical support for specific GI TA forums, including annual GI Summit and Patient Events
o Support and management of the processing of HCP & other consulting engagements, confidentiality agreements, Data Monitoring Committees & other advisory meetings, corporate sponsorships, and medical educational grants.
GI TA Administration and Infrastructure: Provides project management support for TAU-level general infrastructure and business operations projects/initiatives that may include:
- Tracking & monitoring TAU compliance performance related to non-GXP, GXP training requirements
- Supporting budget and resource management/tracking, including maintaining organizational charts
- Reporting & tracking TAU performance against quantitative & qualitative KPIs
- Maintaining onboarding presentation materials and contributing to new hire orientation process
- Implementing best practice business initiatives to enhance execution and streamline business operations processes
- Providing general project management support for TAU Leadership Team members, as required
- Executes tactical activities as outlined in TAU Communications Plan, in partnership with R&D Communications, Site Communications and PVPS Communications
- Maintains GI TAU SharePoint/Collaboration Site, including content refresh and any migration activities
- Contributes to development of GI TAU-sponsored communications (announcements, mile-stones/accomplishments, etc.
- Works with Visual Communications and any external vendors on any GI TA branding templates, slide design, murals, etc.
GI TA Forums:
- Management of GI Synopsis and Protocol Review Board (SPRB): Acts as meeting manager, coordinates schedule, agenda topics, facilitates review process and archives meeting minutes. May contribute to any annual SPRB Charter refresh activities.
- Coordinates GI Development Review Forum: Partners with GI Clinical Science Head to coordinate schedule, agendas and minutes.
- May provide logistics and A/V support for other GI TA Forums on an as needed basis (i.e. Town-halls)
- Leads all meeting planning coordination and activities related to TAU-sponsored patient engagement events according to TA strategy and budget
- Partners with GI Leadership Team to execute annual GI Summit meeting
Contracting activities and KOL engagements:
- Manage the contracts process for the TAU, interfacing directly with Contracts, Legal, Compliance and Finance, including processing, tracking and archiving in all appropriate systems according to local procedures and policies
- May provide operational meeting planning support for Advisory Boards and Data Monitoring Committees, as required
- Serves as primary liaison for Contracts, Legal, Compliance and independently resolves complex contractual issues within consulting agreements and service agreement
- Manages transparency reporting reconciliation activities in accordance with Sunshine Act
- Proactively implements business practices to report data related to consulting budget actuals, projections and variances to plan
GI Sponsorships and Educational Grants
- Oversees corporate sponsorships and medical educational grants and, as required, Data Monitor-ing Committees and other advisory meetings in alignment with TAU strategy and compliance with overall fiscal year budget
- Liaise with Compliance to obtain appropriate approvals
- Work with Contracts/Legal to ensure appropriate agreements are drafted, negotiated & executed
- Track all planned and completed TAU sponsorships, grants and relevant advisory meetings and serves as liaison with Finance department, as required.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
- Ability to understand and navigate within the GI TAU and Takeda R&D
- Strong communication, collaboration and project management skills
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in science or business related field, PMP Certification is a plus
- 5-7 years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Strong problem solving and project management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple pro-jects and simplify/organize complex tasks
- Demonstrated experience managing projects in a global matrix/team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven track record of influencing and negotiation with others
- Ability to proactively identify business problems/ risks/issues and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- Knowledge of Healthcare Compliance, including U.S. Federal Sunshine Act, preferred.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.