Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Research Associate, Antibody Discovery in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The successful candidate will join an exciting, fast-paced biotherapeutic generation and engineering group focused on utilizing groundbreaking discovery technology and creating novel treatments to make a large impact on patients lives in the fields of Oncology, Gastroenterology, Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases. The incumbent will be responsible for independently performing complex research lab assignments while contributing to the discovery and engineering of therapeutic biologics, including antibodies, VHH, alternative platforms, and multispecific large molecules. This position will require the candidate to draw upon previous related experience while being expected to learn new skills and techniques as the program or active campaign requires.
- Driven, independent investigator who excels at working in a fast-paced, team-focused environment and who has a deep desire to make an impact on patients lives
- Independently conducts complex experiments within a project s scope, exercising judgement to evaluate a variety of technical factors, and obtaining optimum solutions
- Discovering novel antibody or antibody-based fragments utilizing in-licensed world-class yeast display technology
- Performing complicated flow cytometry experiments, including sorting by utilizing BD Canto and ARIAIII systems
- Initiating routine and non-routine problem investigation and recommending solutions. Proactively seeking help on issues.
- Preparing and presenting technical information at department meetings
- Utilizing assigned literature to increase knowledge base and implement improvements
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- PhD (0+), MS (1+), BS (4+) in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Protein Engineering, Biochemistry, or Immunology.
- Industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques including; PCR, DNA/RNA purification methods, cloning and sequencing.
- Experience with fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS) and/or magnetic-activated cell sorting is desired.
- Experience with antibody discovery and engineering processes through hybridoma, phage, or yeast platforms, including familiarity with high-throughput antibody sequencing, reformatting, expression, and purification are preferred
- Experience with mammalian tissue, bacteria, or yeast culture is preferred
- Manual dexterity required to operate office and lab equipment
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects weighing up to 25 lbs
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.