Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Scientist I- Immuno-Oncology in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Based in Cambridge, MA, This is a research-based role under general supervision, where a successful candidate will provide strategic and technical leadership across immuno-oncology projects and initiatives. In addition the candidate will continue to explore and introduce new technological tools, methodologies and knowledge to further expand the group s immune-related capabilities. The candidate is expected to actively interface and manage internal functional groups and external collaborators by contributing to the design and execution of (i) mechanisms of action and (ii) proof-of-concept studies.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership across immuno-oncology pre-clinical projects and initiatives.
- Interface and manage internal functional groups and external collaborators.
- Identify best model (in vivo or in vitro) to understand mechanism of action responsible for preclinical efficacy for cancer and immunotherapy applications with novel biologic modalities.
- Support drug discovery programs by providing relevant scientific and strategic input to project teams regarding relevant biomarkers and pharmacodynamic models.
- Design, execute and validate a variety of assays to understand target of interest and characterize different biologic therapeutic prototypes for I/O applications
- Develop and conduct in vitro and ex vivo mechanism of action studies to support efficacy studies.
- Contribute and implement new ideas with in vitro and/or in vivo proof of concept studies to enable initiation of new discovery project concepts
- Extend internal immunology capabilities through external industrial and academic collaborations
- Assisting with planning and execution of specific research procedures, coordinating schedules of experiments and procedures (~75% of time in laboratory).
- Compiling and helping with data analysis and presentation.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD or equivalent in Immunology or biology-related field (with post-doctoral experience in Immunology is preferred).
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Immunological principles and concepts.
- Minimum 3-5 years Industry experience in advancing Immunology / Immuno-Oncology programs with solid track record of simultaneous support of multiple programs and able to work well across multi-functional groups.
- Extensive hands-on-experience and ability to work with minimum supervision in carrying out data acquisition, analysis, storage and reporting by flow based assays (various flow-cytometer platforms and Luminex/MSD) is required.
- Experience working with various in vivo mouse models for immunotherapy application is required.
- Primary (human, rodent and non-human primate) immune cell isolation from tissue and cell culture experience is required.
- Hands-on-experience with downstream immune cell manipulations such as, but not limited to, immune cell-activation and -suppression assays and CRISPR-mediated gene editing, is required.
- Ability to evaluate and design collaborations with external partners (academic/industry)
- Hands on experience on flow-cytometry is preferred, but not required.
- Self-driven and proven ability to learn new techniques and tackle new science.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires approximately 10% or more travel, including international.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.