Title:Senior Administrative Assistant - Neuroscience Franchise - Cambridge, MA
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Administrative Assistant in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Administrative Assistant working on the Neuroscience Franchise team, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by supporting critical administrative and operational duties for one of the Neuroscience BU's Leadership Team Members including expense reporting in Concur, calendar and email management, travel scheduling & Logistics. A typical day will include:
- Performs administrative duties and office support activities for a team or department.
- Coordinates documents and correspondence, including letters, reports, emails, presentations, memos, faxes, etc.
- Uses appropriate tools for required work including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point to track, document and report data.
- Reviews documents and proofreads work for grammar and spelling, accuracy, consistency of terms, and completeness; ensures document text and graphics adhere to corporate and organization guidelines and standards.
- Arranges travel for the team or department; completes expense reports in a timely manner.
- Collects, reviews, enters, and formats accurate data into spreadsheets, databases, and other electronic tools.
- Interfaces and communicates with internal customers; directs people to the appropriate resources.
- Researches solutions and responds to email and phone inquiries with guidance and review from direct supervisor.
- Prepares documentation for payment of vendors, consultants, and suppliers; after review by direct supervisor, submits documentation and enters requests for payments into accounting system; responds to inquiries from accounts payable and payees.
- Participates in maintenance of improvement processes; implements changes to improvement processes for direct responsibilities.
- Develops a strong network within the department; draws on network to answer questions and successfully execute responsibilities.
- Demonstrates confidentiality in execution of all responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma/GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong PC literacy with intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimal travel as required for the work, primarily for meetings.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.