Title: MANAGER, LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Manager, Life Cycle Management in our Greater Boston, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Identify, prioritize, and develop global operating strategies for management of manufacturing of portfolio commercial products, effective interface with Pharmceutical Sciences for post-approval LCM, improve MS value creation capabilities, and organizational agility
- Provide leadership in a highly matrixed environment to develop and implement strategies that decrease supply chain complexity.
- Create and implement strategies and processes for the Lifecycle Mangement function that efficiently collect business intelligence from publicly available sources (such as 10-Ks) into actionable global business objectives through effective use of visualization and reporting
- Develop and lead cross-functional inititavies enable optimization of working capital within the commercial portfolio.
- Develop project budget assumptions and resourcing needs; monitor, report and escalate unresolved issue and deviations in a time appropriate manner to appropriate functions and/or senior management.
- Lead analysis (such a SWOT) of publicly available business intelligence (10-Ks, journals, etc) to identify business trends and opportuntities in commercial manufacturing. Communicate results to senior leadership on a routine basis.
- Collabrate with other GMS leadership functions such as Strategy & Business Excellence on developing an end to end product manufacturing network strategy.
- Deliver patient-focused lifecycle management priorities
- Partner with Marketed Products Group to develop, and implement, strategies and partnerships that reduce the NTM rate.
- Analyze competitive landscape to identify strategies for improving management of working capital (decrease product loss, etc).
- Collect and disseminate actionable manufacturing business intelligence to inform the broader manufacturing strategy within Global Manufacturing and Supply.
- Partner cross-functionally to identify and implement strategies that increase process robustness to the point that rapid response teams are no longer needed.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Analyze unstructured problems, identify root causes and align team objectives to drive divisional goals
- Use agile principles to reduce process complexity and increase organizational capacity
- Deep knowledge of Project Management and Process Improvement methodologies (Agile, Lean, DMAIC, Waterfall, and/or PMBOK)
- Extensive knowledge of essential CMC activities
- Develop and apply custom strategies for processing and visualizing multidimensional data
- Experience capturing and translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Experience managing projects in a matrix environment
- Ability to inspire others to share their vision and support them to reach a common goal
- A firm grasp of organizational development and cross-functional group alignment
- Aptitude in building a patient-centered best in class organization
- Develop diverse talent and elevate organizational performance
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Creates functional strategies and goals that are closely aligned with Takeda s objectives and develops metrics to track and assess performance.
- Develops concise, strategic plans based on a clear understanding of the organization s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Creates a clear and unifying vision that inspires the team to excel.
- Achieves results by managing the right combination of diverse people, resources, and processes.
- Builds teams across functions and geographies with individuals who have the right skills and experience to deliver on key organizational initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal and active problem-solving skills
- Engage partners to deliver agile and predictive results within a complex and evolving business landscape
- Interface with each Operating Unit and Region supporting lifecycle management of development and commercially approved products
- Leverage business analytics (such as SWOT) to identify emerging opportunities and capability needs for GMSci.
- Ability to apply first principles in chemistry, physics, and engineering to manufacturing problems and create new solution paths to manufacturing challenges.
- Translate prior knowledge into new understanding of the development pipeline and expand the working knowledge of the essential activities for all key functional areas
- Identify opportunities and anticipate changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Understands differences in practices across organizations or countries, and balances local demands and perspectives with global strategies.
- Creates an environment that promotes information exchange and the open and honest expression of opinions, thoughts and beliefs.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor s degree in Science or Engineering related field and 7+ years working within commercial bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing or related field
- Bachelor s degree in Science or Engineering, Master s in Business Administration, and 3+ years working within bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing or related field
- Ph.D. in Science or Engineering related field, and 1+ years working within bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing or related field
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical development, manufacturing operations, and product quality
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams to solution implementation
- History of successfully managing manufacturing sciences, operations, or process development functions
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and influence others, negotiate during situational conflict, and establish the best forward path in the face of competing points of view.
- Ability to articulate complex issues and ideas with clarity to enable understanding and timely decision making.
- Create an environment that fosters a patient-focused entrepreneurial mindset
- Strategic enterprise thinking to deliver innovative patient-focused solutions that build patient trust and Takeda s reputation
- Self-directed, accomplishment-driven individual with a strong sense of passion and urgency who can work both independently and in a cross-functional team environment
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.