- Serve as a business partner to the Brooklyn Park manufacturing facility by providing accurate, relevant and timely financial and control data reflecting plant operations and financial position.
- Lead Site cost accounting function, including but not limited to: product costing structure support, standard cost calculation, plant variation from standard, SAP and other system/master data management and other tasks.
- Actively support Brooklyn Park financial reporting responsibilities, including Month-end close, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, finance and business analysis, and other financial reporting.
- Actively support accounting management of Brooklyn Park capital spend activities, including monthly financial reporting, documentation and support, budgeting and forecasting.
- Lead the annual plant standard calculation, product costing support, SAP system costing support and Site variation reporting.
- Coordinate accounting activity with TBOS, TPUSA and Shared Service Center, ensuring monthly activity consistent across multi-entities.
- Serve as Finance functional lead in supporting SAP/system mgmt. for Brooklyn Park, and actively support implementation of other finance related systems, including but not limited to Fit4Plan and Fit4Analysis.
- Manage Site account reconciliation of balance sheet activity, including inventory, fixed assets, MRO, liability and inter-company accounts.
- Manage Site assets (Inventory, Fixed Assets, MRO, etc.) and partner with functional owners to ensure safeguarding and identify opportunities for business efficiency.
- Partner with Controller to execute month-end accounting close for Brooklyn Park.
- Partner with Controller in leading site preparation of annual and mid-year plant budgets/forecasts and provides requisite variance analysis against actuals monthly in a timely and accurate basis. To include, but not limited to, annual OPEX and CAPEX spend.
- Active support of Site development, management and compliance to Site internal controls, accounting procedures and business/financial audit activity.
- Partner with plant business functions to evaluate performance trends, working to identify opportunities for financial and business process efficiencies.
- Support Division and Corporate financial requests as needed.
- Complete mandatory training within required timeframe.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
NUMBER SUPERVISED WORKERS - Up to 2
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA/CMA preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressive accounting experience in manufacturing environment (preferably biologics or medical device), with an emphasis on cost accounting, variance analysis and financial reporting.
- Experience with accounting for capital projects required (preferably including Site construction)
- Strong systems and reporting background; active in utilizing and improving systems to improve business process and financial reporting.
- Experience with SAP ERP strongly desirable, along with strong MS Excel/Power Point skills.
- 3-5 years of supervision experience preferred.
- Attention to detail ability to thoroughly analyse data and identify trends and key data points to improve our business.
- Strong analytical skills, decision making capabilities and knowledge of GAAP and IFRS accounting principles.
- Strong sense of collaboration and service orientation to contribute to business needs and develop trust with management and peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an effective cross-functional communicator possessing ability to manage up and manage down.
- Ability to contribute ideas to address business issues.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- In general, the position requires mostly sedentary work with occasionally walking throughout the facility.
- Constantly operates office equipment such as computer, phone, calculator, etc.
Occasional travel for off-site meetings (<10%)
Brooklyn Park, MN