Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Research Principal Scientist / Molecular Biology in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Molecular biologist within Global Biologics supporting programs in therapeutic areas of IO/Oncology, GI/Immunology, CNS, and Rare Disease. Innovative thinker with expertise in construct design, cell line generation and mammalian expression in support of biotherapeutics Strong background in biologics drug discovery and driver of biologics strategy in program advancement.
- Function as a lead investigator to design plasmids, construction and quality control of plasmid DNA
- Optimize mammalian cell expression plasmid vector sequences to improve transcription and mRNA stability for CHO cell line development suitable for biotherapeutic production
- Evaluate and implement new tools and software such as Genesplicer, OptimumGene etc
- Establishes new methods for generation of difficult to express proteins, evaluate new technologies, vector designs etc to improve titre as needed
- Experience in designing the optimum cell lines to interrogate target biology and in support of screening strategies for identification of the lead therapeutic
- Experience with viral vectors, evaluation of diverse gene editing technologies and approaches including CRISPR, TALEN, transposons, etc.
- Familiar with molecular biology techniques (flow cytometry, gene and protein analysis, PCR, cloning, viral work (AAV, lenti, adeno))
- Working knowledge of Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS), biostatistics, and/or basic bioinformatics is desirable.
- Effectively manages multiple projects, while being able to prioritize effectively and adhere to aggressive timelines
- Accurately records and documents results in a timely fashion
- Creates and fosters a collaborative, creative, and rigorous culture of scientific discovery
- Proven track record in one or more of the following: Vector biology, codon optimization, mRNA splicing analysis, cell line genetic characterization, vector construction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of antibody structure and function and hands on experience evaluating expression of proteins
- Demonstrates well-developed knowledge of other disciplines / departments and how they function together
- Designs and directs research strategy and activities to meet program objectives; provide
leadership, timelines and contingency plans
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cancer Biology, Genome Engineering, Cell/Gene Therapy, or related disciplines with 8+ years experience , or
- MS with 12+ years experience, or
- BS with 14+ years experience
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.