Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Lab Assistant in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Responsible for providing quality husbandry and animal care including feeding, watering, cage changes, performing daily health observations of animals in rooms as assigned and administering treatments under the direction of the Veterinarian or designee.
- Responsible for general laboratory upkeep including operation of cage washers and autoclaves, stocking of supplies, routine sanitization, and maintaining a clean, organized environment.
- Feeding, watering and daily health observations of animals in rooms as assigned.
- General facility upkeep, routine sanitization and stocking of supplies.
- Operation of cage washers and autoclaves.
- Maintenance of accurate documentation of work completed and animal related observations.
- Administration of prescribed medications under direction of the Veterinarian or Veterinary Technician.
- Transport of supplies and equipment between facilities.
- Weekend and holiday work is required on a rotating schedule. Responsible for own work, ensuring quality and meeting deadline.
- Responsible for assessing problems or issues that should be brought to the attention of the supervisor or manager.
- Provide technical support to investigators and their staff (e.g. injections, collection of biological samples, compound dosing, micro chipping etc.) as needed.
- Coaches and trains peers where appropriate.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Essential: A.S./B.S. or equivalent in a scientific field or animal experience in a veterinary clinic, zoo etc. HS diploma plus 3 or more years experience working with laboratory animals.
- AALAS certification at ALAT level preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 30lbs repeatedly and 50lbs short distances. Ability to push pull large equipment short distances. Ability to work on their feet for long periods of time
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.