Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist I Early Target Discovery at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist I Early Target Discovery, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
The Scientist I of Early Target Discovery, based in San Diego, will contribute to target identification and validation (TIDVAL) efforts, employs cutting edge technologies in the areas of molecular biology, in vitro pharmacology, cell based assays and lead to the initiation of formal drug discovery campaigns by Takeda Research. The Scientist I designs methodologies and conducts experiments in functional characterization of variant proteins (e.g., INDELS, substitutions, truncations, etc) to initiate Takeda s drug discovery programs.
- Contributes to the ETD s TIDVAL efforts in by generating cDNAs, recombinant expression vectors, stable/inducible, immortalizing cell lines, and characterizes expression and function by biochemical and cell based assays
- Select, develop and perform quantitative cell culture assays using biochemical and imaging readouts to meet project team requirements.
- Conducts FACS, ddPCR, qPCR and RT-PCR, cDNA library preparations, ELISA, Western blot, cell viability assays
- Works effectively to partner with Takeda research groups in other functional areas for TIDVAL and prioritization of drug discovery projects.
- Develop and execute assays at low or high throughput to screen libraries and to study protein-protein interactions.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data in appropriate scientific context.
- Carefully document results in databases and in written and oral scientific reports.
- Proactively builds external relationships and collaborations that supplement group s capabilities
- Supports an overall group culture that is agile, proactive, collaborative, innovative, and external facing
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrates broad technical program knowledge
- Acts as the recognized scientific resource on an aspect of a program
- Demonstrates effective project engagement skills
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and may manage the work of others a direct or matrixed structure
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- May influence decision making within the department
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline, or
- MS with 6+ years experience, or
- BS with 8+ years experience
- Experience in CRISPR, base editing methodologies is a plus
- Experience in characterizing human genetic variants is a plus
- Experience in design of cDNA libraries for protein-protein interactions is plus
- WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA