Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II Oligonucleotide Analytical Chemistry at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist II Oligonucleotide Analytical Chemistry, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
- Responsible for the purification, analysis & characterization of modified oligonucleotides, development of analytical methods for preclinical ASO and siRNA research.
- Executes hands on purification, analysis and characterization of oligonucleotides.
- Develops robust analytical and purification methods for ASO and siRNA compounds.
- Operates, maintains and troubleshoots analytical and characterization equipment.
- Manages analytical purification, analysis and characterization in house and at CROs.
- Manages external FTEs and transfers and troubleshoots methods at CROs and CMOs.
- Develop methods for physiochemical property analysis including stability and aggregation.
- Initiates investigation of new experimental approaches to a wide range of problems using
scientific theory and technical literature
- Contributes to functional problem resolution and objective setting
- Interprets results of complex experiments, and integrates data produced by other disciplines, including stability data, in vitro and in vivo pharmacodynamic and efficacy results.
- Contributes to functional scientific discussion
- Demonstrates working knowledge of oligonucleotide design, synthesis, purification and characterization techniques
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrates broad technical knowledge in analysis and characterization of ASO and siRNAs and oligonucleotide conjugates
- Acts as the recognized scientific resource on an aspect of a program
- Demonstrates effective project engagement skills
- Identifies, plans and executes novel scientific projects and may manage the work of others a direct or matrixed structure
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages workload and expectations
- Scientifically independent
- May influence decision making within the department
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in fast-paced environment. Ability to provide novel creative solutions to challenging problems. Desire to learn and tackle new challenges and initiatives
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 2+ years experience , or
- MS with 8+ years experience, or
- BS with 10+ years experience
- WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA