Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Scientist Oligonucleotide Synthesis Chemistry at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Scientist Oligonucleotide Synthesis Chemistry, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
- Executes synthesis, analysis and purification of oligonucleotides in the lab
- Operates, maintains and troubleshoots DNA synthesis equipment.
- Hands on operation of lab equipment including DNA synthesizers (MerMade192X/12, GE Oligopilot and/or AKTAPure), cleavage and deprotection, dry down equipment, HPLC and Mass. Spec. instruments.
- May manage external CRO FTEs
- Develops and validates new methods to support completion of complex assignments within a project
- Exercises independent judgement (selecting most appropriate methods, coordinating efforts, evaluating criteria for obtaining results)
- Utilizes technical literature to implement novel procedures, changes and improvements within a project. Can duplicate and appropriately modify experimental procedures based on the literature.
- Interprets and analyzes data, helping to incorporate results into overall scientific projects; Independently generates novel hypothesis
- Maintains a proactive and vocal approach to improving departmental efficiency;
- Able to summarize and present literature data within department and occasionally to broader audiences
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrates in-depth technical knowledge within discipline
- Applies in-depth knowledge of concepts, applications and methods as the recognized technical expert in subfield
- Able to clarify requests and provide suggestions and put data into context
- Understands why one series of experiments is more appropriate than others
- Highly motivated and flexible with ability to work in fast-paced environment. Ability to provide novel creative solutions to challenging problems. Desire to learn and tackle new challenges and initiatives
- Receives high level instructions on all work; acts independently to determine methods on new assignments; may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS in a scientific discipline, or equivalent with 8+ years experience, or MS in a scientific discipline, or equivalent with 5+ years experience
- WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA