Associate Director, Account Management Capabilities
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Account Management Capabilities.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- The Account Management Capabilities Team is part of the Commercial Capabilities team at Takeda USA. The mission of the team is to build Best-for Takeda Account Management Capabilities to support the ongoing development of Takeda Account Managers, build new or enhanced process, and embed supporting tools across the business. The team supports all Account Managers in Takeda USBU including, but not limited to roles such as VP of Market Access Accounts, VP of Trade and Distribution, VP of Immunology Institutional, Area Vice President Specialty Pharmacy, Associate VP Hematology Field Sales, Senior Sales Directors, Sales Directors, Director of Managed Markets Effectiveness, Directors of Trade, Regional Account Directors and Managers, National Account Directors, Integrated Health System Directors and Managers, Institutional Directors and Key Account Managers, and Field Reimbursement Directors and Managers. This team plays a significant role in the organization to establish and sustain needed capabilities through this current time of integration and into the future as we expand our portfolio with new product launches.
- The Associate Director, Account Management Capabilities will act as a collaborative Business Partner and Advisor for leveraging business strategies and tactics to enhance strategic execution, define and pull through new organization capabilities and manage and influence change. The role will manage multiple projects within defined budgetary guidelines and act as an expert for doing gap analysis and training design to meet the developmental capability needs of the Account Manager teams. This individual will partner closely with Training and Leadership Development and other cross-functional partners.
- This role will be focused on realizing the Account Manager capability development through execution and management of the strategic roadmap. This individual will engage with the stakeholder teams to pull through new capabilities through training and consulting.
- The Associate Director, Account Management Capabilities will work across teams and functions to maximize impact to the organization.
- Act as Strategic Business partner to Account Managers and leadership developing execution strategies and capabilities with primary focus of IG and Alpha 1 and Managed Markets business units and secondary focus across the all other business units.
- Partner with cross-functional partners to the business to pull through cross-functional commercial processes such as Commercial Analytics and Insights, Managed Markets, Operations, etc. Develop Implementation strategies and measure effectiveness through established metrics.
- Design and execute Account Manager training initiatives that align with gap analysis findings and leadership objectives with primary focus on-boarding and on-going individual development. Facilitate workshops and training; engage partners to participate in the facilitation of Account Manager training on a broad sustainable platform. Design and measure metrics to evaluate impact of training initiatives.
- Associate Director, Account Management Capabilities will act as a strategic business partner to help shape Account Management Capability Strategy and roadmap for success.
- Provide an external lens for real world key customer insights and challenges and develop innovative industry best practices to advance the function
- Foster a collaborative learning environment and sharing of best practices across-BU/Function initiatives.
- Develop a collaborative cross franchise platform on Best Practices, Business Insights, Business Capabilities and Strategic Account Management in order to drive team performance across the company.
- Deliver Account Management Capabilities Scorecard to evaluate Account Manager excellence based on feedback from the business as well as quantitative metrics.
- Create a best in class 6 to 12-month Sustainable Learning Journey for each of the New Hire and Account Management teams incorporating strategic focus on 5 critical areas of Orientation, Foundation, Application, Commercial Onboarding and Elevation. The journey should meet objectives for Product Knowledge, Disease State, Market Landscape, Business Capabilities, Industry Knowledge and Insights and other appropriate skill sets.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree.
- Minimum of 8 years of Account Management experience in the pharmaceutical industry with 5 years in management-level positions with increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to operate well in ambiguity/white space and execute plans through influence of others.
- Pro-active self-starter with strong leadership skills, a results-oriented workstyle and the ability to deliver quality results in a timely manner.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand a diverse landscape of business and brands across the US business.
- MBA preferred.
- Pharma Sales experience.
- Managed Markets understanding.
- Rare Disease Experience.
- Experience in senior Account Manager positions at a commercial pharmaceutical organization.
- Industry knowledge - Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the prescription drug distribution process (e.g. medical referrals, managed care systems, etc.)
- Therapeutic knowledge - An in-depth understanding of the disease state, treatment paradigms and future trends
- Product knowledge - Comprehensive understanding of the medical /therapeutic usage of the products
- Account Manager Techniques - Comprehensive understanding of pharmaceutical Account Manager methods, tools and concepts. (e.g. account planning and management, negotiation skills, presentation skills, Account Manager analytics and Insights, etc.)
- Takeda Operations - Comprehensive understanding of Takeda's operating structure and methods including a thorough knowledge of the foreign owned parent company
- Capabilities - Account Manager competencies execution
- Agility - To adapt to changing landscape as well as organizational priorities
- Communication - Ability to communicate ideas, data both verbally and written, in a persuasive and appropriate manner
- Budgeting - Ability to create and maintain an accurate budget for department expenses.
- The Account Manager Capabilities team is a remote team meaning individuals don t have to live in the greater Boston Area; However, travel into Boston and other parts of the US is required to meet with stakeholders, administer training and meetings, and attend sales meetings across the US.
- Travel to internal and external meetings including overnights and weekends will be required, estimated up to 40% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.