Specialist, Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Management
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Specialist, Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Specialist position supports the global CMO Management function of Pharmaceutical Sciences through timely preparation, negotiation and execution of various contracts and other outsourcing-related documents.
- Serve as a point of contact relating to the timely preparation, negotiation and execution of various contracts and other outsourcing-related documents required to support global operations and outsourcing of PS activities
- Collaborate with Takeda s Legal department to develop and implement effective business processes to negotiate, execute, and track contracts for the manufacturing and testing of drug development candidates and other agreements, as needed.
- Ensure contracts meet the needs of the project teams, are executed in a timely manner, and appropriately consider risk.
- Collaborate with personnel across global PS and other key functions (e.g. Discovery, Medical, Finance, Global Procurement, Legal) to ensure efficient and effective cross-functional processes and communications.
- Manage daily requests and queries to resolve issues with contracts, purchase orders, and invoices in order to maintain streamlined business operations.
- Contributes to maintenance of effective Vendor Network Strategies
- Supports the ongoing maintenance of existing critical vendors (performance management, business/financial and operations reviews)
- Serve as point of contact within the CMO Management Team for Operations and Management.
- Support strong partnership by requesting project teams to achieve efficient contract workflow.
- Support alignment and collaboration with critical stakeholders that establish and maintain seamless contract processes and terms (Vendor, Legal, Procurement, Finance, etc.).
- Use the systems/tools needed to provide visibility to the above activities (ex. SAP).
- Contribute to the review of contractual documents, which may include confidentiality agreements, evaluation agreements, consulting agreements, master contract services agreements, development and manufacturing services agreements, and statements of work/task orders/change orders.
- Help to establish and manage routine business review with critical vendors in coordination/alignment with Procurement and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with manager to provide senior leadership visibility to vendor performance metrics and provide recommendations for adjustment to contract or vendor strategies.
- Escalates business-critical issues effecting Operations and Management to manager as necessary.
- Supports communication and training of changes in procurement and/or vendor environment to stakeholders.
- Supports the department goals in developing robust network strategies.
- BS/BA or equivalent degree
- 2-5 years of relevant contract management and/or operations related experience in supply chain and/or pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical development.
- Basic knowledge of pharmaceutical development and must demonstrate knowledge of several allied fields, such as legal, procurement and/or manufacturing.
- Strong attention to detail
- Develops and uses knowledge and interpersonal skills to influence and guide stakeholders towards the accomplishment of goals and objectives; adapts well to different personalities and manages others on the team in a respectful manner.
- Ability to identify risks to multiple ongoing activities and propose appropriate risk response strategies.
- Ability to expresses one s self clearly and concisely to key stakeholders; documents issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; adjusts style, language and/or terminology appropriate for the audience.
- Ability to independently manage complex internal and external resources (people, information, technologies and time) under routinely compressed timelines.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.