OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE (3-4 bullets)
- Support the ES SM US & Oncology Finance team in closing, planning and reporting activities
- Perform closing tasks and internal controls
- Perform Budget versus Actual analysis and recommend corrective actions
- Business partnering work with cost center managers to develop functional spend plan/forecasts and to calculate purchase price variance/cogs variances.
- Support the standard cost calculation and change analysis
- Accounting/Control ensure compliance with SOX, U.S. GAAP and Takeda accounting policies and procedures, e.g. perform CMO reconciliations and research variances (CMO records vs. SAP).
Est. annual revenue range of accountability*:
Est. annual budget of responsibility:
No. of direct reports: 0
No. of indirect reports: 0
Regional for US, Global for Oncology
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Describe the primary duties and responsibilities of the job. Include only the essential functions of the job. Approximately 5 10 bulleted task statements should be identified).
- P&L ownership for Cogs variances and standard costing calculations for some of the externally manufactured products. This includes PPV, inventory changes and inventory write-off/reserve analysis.
- Perform monthly closing activities incl. accruals, interacts with the TBS to oversee the monthly accounting process. Analyze COGS variances, inventory revaluation, inventory discards, project spend. Perform quarterly review of CMO reconciliations.
- Provide P&L variance explanations for monthly reporting package.
- Support the product costing build and review / loading in SAP. This includes ensuring standards, transfer prices, and purchase records are correct in the system.
- Support business partners for product costing questions, analysis and inventory provision calculations.
- Execute internal controls and reconciliations to ensure financial / data integrity and compliance.
- Perform review of CMO reconciliations on a quarterly basis and serve as the liason with internal and external auditors during quarter-end/year-end audits.
- Support financial projects and program Agile within GMS Finance and External Supply.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Strong knowledge of accounting for external manufacturing activities at CMO s. Solid understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing supply chain (API, drug product and FG).
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Position will need to work closely with Supply Chain to research variances as part of CMO reconciliations and monthly reporting cycles.
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-soliving)
- Position will be expected to work independently with limited oversight.
Interaction(The span and nature of one s engagement with others when performing one s job, internal and external relationships)
- Will interact extensively with Supply Chain and non-finance personnel. Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) will be important to interact with colleagues across the world.
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Position will require ability to review and improve current processes.
Complexity(Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Position will support external CMO manufacturing network financials.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:(List the essential and desirable education and competency requirements to perform the primary responsibilities of the job. Any minimum requirements should be noted.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and five (5) or more years of relevant experience
- MBA and CPA (or equivalent) is a plus
- Experience engaging with Global business partners
- Strong business acumen and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills (need intellectual curiosity )
- Knowledge of Sox controls and GAAP accounting principles, especially manufacturing accounting
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SAP, TM1 and Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM) is a strong plus