Senior Manager Business Reviews - Market Analytics & Insights Cambridge, MA
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Manager, Business Reviews - Market Analytics & Insights in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Manager, Business Reviews working on the Market Analytics & Insights team, you will be empowered to support our Field Sales organization through descriptive analytics and regional sales trend analysis. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by extracting data from data cubes, summarizing insights from that data, and presenting those insights to Senior Leadership team. A typical day will include:
- Internal partner to Area Business Leads, Regional Business Analysts, Sales Leadership, Business Insights and Analytics Integration team and other members of the analytics team.
- Provides advanced analytics around regional performance, landscape and regional performance expectations advice.
- Leads the performance of detailed, comprehensive secondary market data analyses in the area of regional market landscapes for product portfolios with annual sales force effort expenditures worth hundreds of millions of dollars or more.
- Recommends courses of action to support executive decision making in strategic business planning activities, such as introduction of CSOs.
- Conducts Vacancy Management Analytics/Ad-hoc Reporting
- Leads projects that enhance the capabilities and effectiveness of the Business Unit Analytics department in business analytics and data driven insights. This involves identification and implementation of data sources, cluster analysis techniques and setting regional recommendations.
- Works with analysts to ensure that appropriate analytical techniques are fully leveraged.
- Takes lead role in working with other TPUSA departments (e.g., IT, Data Governance, Incentive Compensation, Sales Reporting) to ensure data quality, compliance and improve the quality of analytics.
- Ensures that all reporting has gone through the QC process to ensure accuracy and communication clarity prior to being presented to our customers.
- Evaluates, recommends and communicates appropriate models/techniques and industry knowledge to other team members.
- Uses visualization tools, such as Tableau, to address ad-hoc questions from cross-functional teams
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of technical training to new team members (e.g. Business Objects and Tableau.)
- Participates in the recruiting efforts for new analysts by evaluating potential for success within BU I&A and sharing feedback with hiring team.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
- Directly manage one Analytics Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc. and 6+ years quantitative analytical or forecasting experience; or advanced degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc. and 4+ years statistical analysis and/or quantitative experience.
- 2+years pharmaceutical analytics/sales/managed markets experience.
- Complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards surrounding the use and manipulation of secondary market data sources.
- Extensive knowledge of regional landscapes across therapeutic markets.
- Extensive knowledge of industry practices.
- Project planning and management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Basic people and team management skills including measuring and delivering performance feedback.
- Resource Management; ability to manage internal and external resources (people, information, technologies, time, and capital); allocates resources appropriately, given organization, group and individual goals and objectives to align with business goals.
- Proficient in two or more of MS Excel, Business Objects, VBA, Tableau, SQL or SAS programming.
- Up to 20% annually, mainly for regional and national sales meetings
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.