Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Head of IT Strategic Vendor Management in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Head of IT Strategic Vendor Management working on the Enterprise Management & Transformation team, you will be empowered to develop and set the strategic direction for global IT vendor management and champion the execution whilst innovate vendor management within IT. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by driving performance and optimization of the global strategic vendor services to meet established corporate priorities. A typical day will include:
- Develop and sets the strategic direction for global IT vendor management and champion the execution whilst innovate vendor management within IT, lead, manage and monitor strategic vendor partnership toward mutual effective, cost-minded and innovate partnerships.
- Drive performance and optimization of the global strategic vendor services to meet established corporate priorities and to drive alignment with the IT vision and execution and provide leadership to all divisions.
- Lead the design of vendor performance metrics as a base for the further professionalization of vendor management for strategic and core vendors and oversee that vendor driven or supported implementations throughout the global IT organization are efficient and effective.
- Set strategic direction for the vendor management organization aligned with the technology strategy and lead the build a roadmap for end-to-end technology vendor management including associated tools, processes and governance.
- Champion global strategic vendor partnerships and implementation across global IT and organization
- Work at the leadership level to Influence and drive change across global IT, Leads in a matrix environment across all the divisions and functions of IT
- Define plan to build core capabilities focused on vendor segmentation, categorization, contract renewals and spend analysis resulting in action plans to streamline processes and control overall vendor costs for the short and for the long term.
- Lead the change management and implementations of goals of vendor management and monitor the achievements within the strategic vendor partnerships
- Oversee development and implementation of Vendor Governance processes.
- Provide leadership to the continuous process of maturing the supplier relationship management function within all IT divisions and functions.
- Advocate for open communication across the strategic vendor partner(s) by representing the voice of the customer to the vendor partner(s) and by representing the voice of the provider to IT with an emphasis and focus on optimizing functional relationships and operational performance
- Lead the role and responsibility definitions and build sustainable partnerships with Procurement, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management and the rest of technology. Lead the development of a strategic framework for governance processes to optimize the partnerships
- Oversee and manage the financial viability of third-party vendors and proactively manage vendor risk.
- Develop and implement governance and performance management functions across all capabilities (i.e. driving/tracking metrics, vendor performance management, etc.)
- Promote an environment of transparency and consistency across strategic partners and between partners and global IT
- Lead the evolution of the Vendor Management organization by ensuring process change efforts are implemented effectively and accurately across departments
- Initiate the development of the consolidated IT financial plan regarding vendor management, as well as monitor the execution of the department against financial plans.
- Provide insights and regular update on vendor relationship
- Be innovative and results orientated, with a focus on service and customer centricity
- Provide industry insights, analysis and regular vendor related updates to IT Leadership, senior management and broader IT community on a regular basis
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree required, Master Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in large corporate environment preferably healthcare industry
- 10+ years of experience driving end-to-end vendor management capabilities
- IT Industry knowledge
- Proven ability to build vendor management teams and processes across large-scale organizations Managed at least $300M of vendor spend
- Demonstrated success in contract management, vendor spend analysis and continued success in controlling and driving down vendor costs
- Have utilized a broad understanding of vendor management solutions and advanced knowledge of IT industry trends and methodologies to advance the organization s IT performance and operations across multiple domains
- Ability to recruit, motivate, and manage a team of professionals
- Innovative problem solver and strategic thinker, along with strong business acumen and analytical capabilities. Strong change management capabilities
- Strong Executive leadership skills; collaborative partner able to influence and drive accountability across organizational and domain boundaries
- Solid knowledge of procurement systems / processes / tools, with expertise in project mgmt. principles & techniques
- Strong working knowledge of IT contracting and contract writing familiarity
- Strong presentation and excellent interpersonal and presentation / communication skills
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.