Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist I GI Immunology at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist I GI Immunology, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
The Research Scientist 1 will be responsible for developing and execution of defined projects within his area of expertise. The candidate will provide scientific, technical, and conceptual input to pre-clinical research projects with limited supervision. The candidate will represent in vivo pharmacology in project teams to design and perform in vivo experiments supporting pre-clinical and translational research efforts for TCAL GI-Immunology DDU (drug development unit).
- Establishes and validates relevant in vivo / ex vivo models for Immunology & GI therapeutic areas.
- Establishes and executes innovative pharmacodynamic and efficacy models for various treatment modalities, including but not limited to small molecules, antibodies, oligonucleotides, and microbiome derived approaches.
- Contributes to the development of new translatable disease models, explores disease mechanisms and mechanism of drug action, demonstrating proof of concept for novel therapeutic targets
- Assumes team member representation at project teams to develop and execute in vivo pharmacology strategies using internal and external resources.
- Plans, implements and manages internal and external pre-clinical activities and interactions to deliver decisional experimental data to support drug candidate selection and development.
- Identifies and applies novel technology and expertise to drug discovery research programs.
- Presents results both written and verbal and delivers reports within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Maintains concise, accurate, and comprehensible written records as per Takeda California policy.
- Collaborates/interacts closely with other scientists from internal and external teams and institutions.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in in vivo pharmacology and has experience in inflammatory disease models
- Acts as the recognized in vivo pharmacology expert and resource
- Demonstrates effective management skills for internal and external studies
- Significantly contributes to the development of the in vivo pharmacology strategy for novel scientific projects
- May manage the work of junior staff directly or in a matrixed structure
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Receives high level instructions
- Determines methods on new assignments
- Independently manages own workload
- Demonstrates scientific independence
- Collaborates with others across teams and sites, and acts as scientific resource for in vivo pharmacology
- Participates in and supervises external interactions and collaborations with other companies and academic research groups
- Expected to participate in new target identification / validation process
- Has basic scientific knowledge in immunology
- Receives high level instructions on work; determines methods on new assignments; demonstrated independence
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in a scientific discipline or equivalent or MS / MA with 6+ years or BS / BA with 8+ years
- Has demonstrated independent scientific expertise and creativity.
- Proficiency in In vivo pharmacology expected
- Ability to generate, analyze, and contextualize complex data sets expected
- Experience in mucosal immunology and IBD-relevant disease models preferred
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills to conduct experiments and progress research projects
- Able to present work formally to internal governance bodies
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to work flexible hours
- The duties of this job require to handle small animals regularly and to spend about 80% of the time performing bench work in the laboratory.
- WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA