Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Program Manager in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Program Manager working on the IT Portfolio & Change Management team, you will be empowered to provides leadership to cross-functional teams and/or program composed of multiple projects/work streams with medium complexity in the successful delivery of high-impact IT initiatives. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by determining prioritizations for IT initiatives, plan solutions to achieve identified objectives, drive program achievement, interfaces with senior IT management, and influences decision-making on projects. A typical day will include:
- Provides leadership to cross-functional teams and/or program composed of multiple projects/work streams with medium complexity in the successful delivery of high-impact IT initiatives.
- Determines prioritizations for IT initiatives, plan solutions to achieve identified objectives, drive program achievement, interfaces with senior IT management, and influences decision-making on projects.
- Communicates and interacts with the Regional CIO and direct staff to ensure that the results of the initiatives are incorporated into BSS/GDIS/I&R.
- Is responsible for managing a team of internal and/or contractors (Project managers team).
- Leads and manages a small team of internal employees and consultants within the department (Project managers team)
- Initialize and plan programs consisting of multiple projects and work streams with medium complexity.
- Manages global projects and programs with more than 20 sites/functions of at least 1 year duration with more than 10 persons under management.
- Creates, defines and maintain global policies for program and project governance, planning, delivery and oversight.
- Identifies and directs the program and resource priorities that align with business objectives and execute plans that drive toward goal achievement.
- Partner with IT and business area leaders across multiple functions to identify and plan major programs and projects.
- Assure appropriate prioritization and alignment with the strategy and direction of the organization and that appropriate resources are allocated for their development.
- Establishes and manages key relationships across a broad sphere of influence in a matrix organization. Manage the overall relationship between IT and several major business areas. Communicates with executives and managers in these areas on a regular basis to understand high-level requirements, address issues, manage expectations and review project status.
- Directs and coach the people in a team.
- Develop organization structures to meet business needs. Accountable for the integrity of key human resource processes including career development, salary reviews, sourcing approach and performance management.
- Ensure that program/project governance effectively aligns with technology strategy/roadmaps and enterprise architecture plans.
- Drive processes for assigning budget and resources to programs/projects; tracking program/project performance against plan; and updating priorities and budget/resource assignments based on performance and/or changes in conditions.
- Ensures programs and projects are delivered in accordance with all applicable compliance requirements, e.g. JSOX, GxP.
- Monitor the market to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging PMO knowledge and implement best practices and continuous improvements.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree or High School with 14 years IT experience
- 10+ years relevant experiences
- Extensive experience partnering with business area leaders to plan and deliver programs.
- Extensive program/project management experience, including management of full lifecycle implementations for major applications.
- Experience providing IT and business consulting support to multiple business functions within a company.
- Ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner.
- Ability to utilize data collection, analysis, maintenance application and refinement methods to make fact based decisions.
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of data and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to set priorities, develop workflow processes.
- Ability to assess strengths and weaknesses of staff members and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to write and speak in the English language
- Bachelors, Computer Science or MIS (or equivalent).
- In-depth pharmaceutical industry and experience.
- Takeda Operations comprehensive understanding of Takeda s operating structure and methods including a thorough knowledge of the Japanese parent company a plus.
- Experience with validated systems.
- Certified project management professional (PMP or Prince 2)
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.