The Director of Channel Strategy will lead Oncology distribution to effectively support Takeda s current/future oncology product portfolio. The Director will develop and apply best practices within the oncology arena for customers, title & third party logistics (3PL) partner agreements, distribution service agreements, return/replacements goods policies, specialty pharmacy agreements, and oncology channel strategies. This position will lead the oncology distribution team. The Director will be responsible for negotiating and managing trading partner contracts, service metrics and working with account management for internal and external QBRs. The Director is responsible for developing budget plans and strategy as it pertains to current and pipeline oncology products. This position will be responsible for the development of partnerships with distribution personnel inside key distribution accounts. This position will also serve as a distribution knowledge expert advising all cross-functional commercial and non-commercial teams . The Director will interact with sales, marketing, legal, market access, supply operations, finance and others within and outside of the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) to ensure the appropriate resources are available for the oncology channel. The Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with the key stakeholders at trading partner accounts to ensure patient access to needed Takeda Oncology therapies are achieved, market access, maximization of sales, sales operating margin and market share goals.
- Direct all aspects of oncology distribution, including title & 3PL services, wholesale drop ship agreements, specialty pharmacy agreements and oncology support services. account strategy, distribution strategy, portfolio planning, budget planning, inventory management, return/replacement goods management and personnel development.
- Lead cross-functional teams with key internal stakeholders to ensure that oncology channel strategies are implemented.
- Lead all negotiations for distribution, data and service contracts with trading partners to ensure targeted market penetration, product availability and adherence to financial targets.
- Communicate strategic direction and related concepts across internal and external customers, including Pricing Committee presentations.
- Explore value-added opportunities at key accounts that will contribute to oncology brand goals.
- Lead personnel and training needs of the oncology distribution department.
- Manage the organization and execution of Quarterly Business Reviews with key trading partners.
- Maintain excellence in Pricing, Contracting, Compliance and Forecasting (SOPs, processes, governance)
Bachelor s degree in business, management, science, finance, or related field required. MBA Desired.
- Minimum 10 years pharmaceutical experience preferably in trade/distribution.
- Minimum of 5-7 years specialty channel experience in specialty distribution, specialty pharmacy and/or other specialty channel customers; oncology preferred
- Strong knowledge of the data sets and capabilities that the SPP customers are able to provide
- Excellent written and verbal communication & presentation skills; with ability to get into the weeds while bringing up to executive summary as needed
- Critical attention to detail and processes; to ensure all aspects of projects and processes get planned, implemented and managed
- Ability to spend time owning distribution / trade contracts with hyper focus on compliant and specific distribution and trade contract language
- Experience in establishing distribution strategies for new product launches
- Successful track record of driving performance
- Excellent trade sales and negotiating skills.
- Knowledgeable of the interworkings of Takeda s Finance, Credit, Shipping, Customer Service, Marketing, Legal and Material Management Departments.
- Experience in managing people.
- Customer Service background.
- Strong business background with proven experience in project management.
Approximately 5-10% travel (domestic) with some in-person customer meetings
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.