Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Business Operations in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Manager of Business Operations you will be empowered support requests for the Global Outcomes Research team and complete financial, legal, compliance or regulatory needs, and a typical day will include:
Minimize non-scientific demands on GORE scientific staff and be proactive in monitoring and reporting of project issues, plans and budgets in their area of responsibility. The successful candidate will establish and maintain working relationships with assigned Therapeutic Teams, Procurement, Compliance, Legal Finance and R&D Operations Teams. Responsibilities include but not limited to steps required to execute contracts (Statements of Work (SOWs), Service Agreements, Consultancy Agreements, etc.), processing & tracking Purchase Orders (POs), and performing all required compliance activities. Works with internal Takeda teams to execute process improvements including applicable systems. Work with the Head of GORE Operations to enhance process efficiencies.
Support procure-to-pay process through coordination of contracts, purchase orders, and invoices by:
- Obtaining and preparing vendor information and proposals for submission to Legal for contract creation.
- Set up new vendors when necessary and monitor the registration process for problems and completion
- Ensure that confidentiality agreements and other key contractual elements are in place
- Ensure Fair Market Value assessments are completed as required by Compliance. Also lead the annual reporting for all required countries.
- Project Activation run completeness check (all documents in VT system RFP, contract, CV (if applicable). Where appropriate, assist Research Staff with kick off meeting preparation
- Study Conduct assist Research Staff with the tracking of study status, milestones/payments and project budget. Where appropriate assist the Research Staff in operational aspects of the study to the degree requested by the Research Staff.
- Study Closeout assist Research Staff with the process of study closeout by obtaining, review and track closeout documents including protocols, study reports, publications and abstracts, and process and track final payment reconciliation
- Maintain understanding of Procurement, Accounts Payable, Legal and Finance requirements for vendor and budget management Identify and execute against opportunities for improvement of related to GORE tracking systems, reporting and other processes.
- Provide operational perspective to discussions.
- Liaise with GORE stakeholders, Procurement, Legal, Compliance and Patient Safety to facilitate efficient internal vendor-associated communication and external vendor management and training.
- Support requests for information from functions dependent on GORE input to complete financial, legal, compliance or regulatory needs.
- Metrics reporting provide metrics as needed through running reports from GORE project systems
- Quality checks ensure data entry within GORE used systems is complete and accurate; run periodic quality checks and data entry updates as requested by GORE Management
- Generate reports and slides for various needs of GORE Operations
- Work with internal resources to maintain and update GORE SharePoint site and manage site access requests.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline, or business administration with an understanding of R&D, plus minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Preferred qualifications include experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Project management proficiency with solid process orientation and comfort with multiple projects and ability to prioritize between deliverables.
- Ability to think strategically and logically to develop and provide options for GORE resource allocation, infrastructure, technology or process improvements.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and synthesize information from diverse sources, assess complex/abstract problems and develop innovative solutions as necessary.
- Demonstrate and cultivate comprehensive cross-functional and industry perspective, judgment and ability to apply understanding to individual projects and programs.
- Collaborative nature and team mentality with ability to execute as an individual
- Self-motivated and self-directing to deliver core role responsibilities and motivated to learn and expand skill-set beyond the scope of the role
- Ability to influence without authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Savvy with systems with a high level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and SharePoint
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI desired
- Willingness to travel, including overnight trips. Occasional international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.