Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Innovation Specialist in our Location office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Provide leadership within Global Manufacturing Sciences (GMSci) to develop global operating strategies for effective interface with Pharmceutical Sciences, improve GMSci value creation capabilities, and organizational agility
- Strengthen GMSci capabilities for providing an effective interface with R&D Pharmaceutical Sciences that reduces timeline of pipeline handoff into commercialization
- Collaborating with GMS SBE, OpUs, and Engineering on formulating strategies for technology adoption and process innovation for an organization of the future for both internal and external manufacturing, i.e., application of novel technologies, inter and intra company data acquisition, and building capabilities for commercializing new modality products.
- Create and implement processes that increase the effectiveness of product hand-offs from Pharmaceutical Sciences to Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS)
- Provide leadership in a highly matrixed environment to develop and implement strategies that decrease supply chain complexity.
- Analyze internal and industry manufacturing trends to provide short term (>1 year) and intermediate (3-5 year) forecasts on GMS manufacturing and personnel capability investments
- Partner cross-functionally to identify and implement strategies that increase process robustness to the point that rapid response teams are no longer needed.
- Lead and develop strategies that enable effective hand-offs of development programs to GMS.
- Lead analysis of internal and industry manufacturing trends to provide short term (>1 year) and intermediate (3-5 year) forecasts for GMS manufacturing and personnel capability investments.
- Collaborate with other GMS leadership functions such as Strategy & Business Excellence on developing an end to end product manufacturing network strategy.
- Provide leadership on formulating a cohesive innovation strategy for GMS including collaboration with Pharm Sci, Digital and IT.
- Identify necessary internal capabilities, and develop road map for said capabilities, to support Takeda s future commercial products
- Cultivate an environment that fosters Agile behavior and a predictive mindset
- Engage industry (internal and external) and health authorities to shape the future manufacturing landscape
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education / experience
- Minimum requirement of:
- Bachelor s degree in Science or Engineering related field and 15+ years working within commercial bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Ph.D. in Science or Engineering related field and 3+ years of commercial bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing or 3+ years working within commercial bio/pharmaceutical industry
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical development, manufacturing operations, and product quality
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams to solution implementation
- Demonstrated experience managing commercial lifecycle activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills as evidenced by building teams with individuals who have the right skills and experience to deliver on key organizational initiatives.
- History of successfully managing manufacturing sciences, operations, or process development functions
- Preferred Master s degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, SharePoint, etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and influence others, negotiate during situational conflict, and establish the best forward path in the face of competing points of view.
- Ability to articulate complex issues and ideas with clarity to enable understanding and timely decision making.
- Create an environment that fosters a patient-focused entreprenurial mindset
- Strategic enterprise thinking to deliver innovative patient-focused solutions that build patient trust and Takeda s reputation
- Self-directed, accomplishment-driven individual with a strong sense of passion and urgency who can work both independently and in a cross-functional team environment
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.