Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist I Medicinal Chemistry at our recently dedicated San Diego Research Site.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist I Medicinal Chemistry, you will be empowered to serve on project teams for discovery to development programs.
- Provides theoretical/conceptual input to the design, development and execution of well-defined specific projects and within the area of expertise.
- Develops novel and efficient synthesis strategies and coordinates research strategies and activities with team members
- Designs synthetic targets for lead discovery and optimization to address issues of target potency, selectivity, animal pharmacokinetics, and in vivo efficacy
- Utilizes contemporary structure-based methods, structure-activity relationships, and medicinal chemistry principles in the proposal and execution of innovative chemistry strategies
- Conducts the synthesis of complex target molecules
- Designs viable synthetic routes and performs literature searches in support of research
- Creates relevant intellectual property for the company and contributes to patent authorship
- Contributes to the authorship of scientific manuscripts, frequently as principal author
- Maintains a current understanding of the synthetic literature and methodology, as well as the scientific literature related to a specific drug discovery project
- Keeps an accurate, comprehensible, concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- Influences the course of projects
- With general guidance, learns standards and levels of expectations for routine work; designs experimental strategies
- Learns company's discovery process
- Identifies routine obstacles to progress; solves a variety of problems
- Supports at least one project of defined scope and moderate complexity
- Represents own research to senior leadership, or for scientific collaborations, or a national scientific conference
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of discipline
- Keeps current with emerging trends in discipline
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Independently manages own workload
- Scientifically independent
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Receives high level instructions on all work, determines methods on new assignments, works closely with manager, may manage junior staff
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline, or
- MS with 6+ years experience, or
- BS with 8+ years experience
- WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA