- Responsible for the implementation of Global Pricing Policies for several Oncology medicines (launch and mature brands) to ensure optimal patient access and reimbursement throughout the product life cycle.
- Leverage expertise in local and international pricing dynamics to inform key strategic pricing decisions and their impact on Takeda s revenues for Oncology assets; this includes strategic recommendations to the Global Oncology Pricing Committee.
- The opportunity for this role is to build organizational excellence in Oncology pricing and analytics globally by leading key initiatives involving various stakeholders in Takeda s global, regional and local Patient Value & Access Oncology teams, as well as other cross-functional stakeholders (such as Global Brand Teams, Global Forecasting Team)
- As the subject matter expert for Oncology Pricing globally, maintain and apply expertise in pricing and reimbursement dynamics to the Oncology portfolio to understand the impact, and influence decisions on pricing points and corridors.
- Provide pricing recommendations based on experience and analysis of reference price guidance and parallel trade
- Provide expertise and consultation services for pricing discussions and decision-making to key global, regional, and local stakeholders and teams, in collaboration with Global Patient Value & Access Oncology Leads
- Perform competitive and analogue assessments to support business cases and final pricing recommendations
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis; design methodology and build complex pricing models, present findings to senior leadership and worldwide Patient Value & Access audience
- Effectively communicate across the GPVA Oncology team regarding execution of pricing strategies including periodic updates and reports, monitoring of emerging external and internal pricing dynamics to mitigate risks etc.
- Collaborate with the GPVA Oncology team to ensure that the appropriate insights and perspective with regards to pricing dynamics are factored into strategies and tactics
- Establish and drive processes critical to price approvals across Oncology brands globally; this includes full ownership on the integrity of Takeda s Price Management System for Oncology assets
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
- This person is viewed as the subject matter expert for Oncology Pricing globally
- This is a varied role offering the opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders in Takeda s global, regional and local Patient Value & Access Oncology teams, across the entire Oncology portfolio.
- The opportunity, and challenge, for this role is to create organizational excellence in Oncology pricing and analytics globally
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Strong knowledge and deep understanding of the current and emerging global pricing environment in the pharma/biotech business, and strong analytical skills for conducting appropriate analyses to support pricing decisions across Takeda s Oncology portfolio
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership
- Ability to interact in a simple structured manner with internal stakeholders to enable team alignment in the development and implementation of pricing operations activities
- Lead the change management related to pricing processes within the Oncology Business Unit and regional / local patient access teams
Decision-making and Autonomy
- To be successful in this role, the candidate has to demonstrate high self-drive as well as the capacity to handle complex matters in full autonomy and propose innovative solutions
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- The position is cross-functional in nature and is part of a highly matrixed organization, working on a wide range of needs and issues
- Internal contacts: Global Patient Value & Access Oncology team, Patient Value & Access Oncology Growth and Emerging Markets region, Global Oncology Forecasting, Global Oncology Scientific & Competitive Analysis, IT Oncology Business Unit, Global Oncology Regulatory, Global Oncology Alliance Manager, Global Supply Chain, Local Operating Companies, Pricing group for other Takeda therapeutic areas
- External contacts: External consultants (mainly IT-focused)
- Knowlege sharing provide pricing expertise and insights to the Global Patient Value & Access Oncology team as well as other functions as needed
- Works on abstract problems across functional areas of the business. Identifies and evaluates fundamental issues for major functional areas through assessment of intangible variables.
- Works on multiple brands at different stages in the product life-cycle
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree required
- Master s degree and/or PhD in a healthcare or business discipline (ex: economics, finance, health policy, etc.) preferred
- 5-8 years pharmaceutical experience, including direct experience in international pricing and reimbursement
- Minimum 5 years experience in global pricing or market access role required; local affiliate experience is a plus
- Experience establishing and managing effective business processes
- Expertise in pricing and reimbursement analytics including knowledge of the global pricing environment and interdependencies of pricing strategies.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of one or more pricing & reimbursement systems in key Takeda markets
- Highly analytical and process-oriented at the strategic and operational level
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to translate business requirements into effective IT-enabled solutions
- Exceptional skills with regards to Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint) and management of large datasets (required). Experience with reporting tools (e.g. Tableau) is a plus.
- Periodic international travel required (~10%)
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.