Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Research Associate in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Lead Discovery group within ImmunoOncology Research at Takeda Boston is seeking an individual with extensive small molecule/biologics inventory management experience to help progress programs into the clinic. The successful candidate will be able to independently design and implement inventory management workflows to support internal and external programs. The individual will also be responsible for participating on matrix project teams, interfacing very closely with members of the Global Biologics/ Chemistry/IO Biology teams.
- Provide broad based inventory management support for internal/external early stage drug discovery projects in the field of Oncology/IO/GI/CNS
- Collaborate with engineers to identify suitable approaches to utilize laboratory automation for the execution of high throughput small molecule/large molecule screens
- Design, execute and validate workflows independently for compound and biologics inventory management
- Interface with project teams to meet timelines for project progression
- Evaluate and implement the best technologies in collaboration with project teams to fit the purpose at hand
- Present research findings clearly and effectively at internal and external meetings
- Troubleshoot complex problems in creative and effective ways and actively participate in innovation and/or optimization of established processes to ensure delivery on project goals
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS/MS with 2+ years of relevant experience or equivalent, in early stage pharmaceutical drug discovery
- Hands on experience with laboratory automation, liquid handlers and automated storage systems
- Team player able to liaise across multiple disciples including Automation, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Compound Management and Immunology
- Self-motivated, collaborative with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Skilled in analysis, interpretation, and presentation of results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to work in cross-functional project teams
- Innovative and critical thinking
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs.
- Working in a lab environment: standing, walking, bending, etc.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.