We are searching for an in vivo pharmacology Research Associate II to join the Immuno-Oncology department within the Discovery organization. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to work hands on conducting in vitro and in vivo studies to support our expanding pipeline of oncology therapeutics. A key responsibility of this position will be to provide in vivo dosing support and to establish and test various in vivo model systems. Other responsibilities include tissue culture, and tissue harvest.
- Under minimal supervision, performs a wide range of assigned research experiments with
a primary focus on murine in vivo anti-tumor efficacy, and PK/PD studies for drug candidates.
- Participate in the development of innovative, state-of-the-art, mouse models for cancer to address cross-project, cross-platform needs of the in vivo community.
- Perform standard and complex in vivo procedures including dosing all routes, tissue necropsy, tumor inoculation, tumor measurements and small-animal survival surgeries.
- Perform limited in vitro work including standard cell culture for tumor inoculations.
- Candidate must be able work in a team envirornment, maintain experimental records, analyze data, and prepare study reports.
- Candidate must be familiar with IACUC protocols and guidelines.
- Previous industry experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with immuno-oncology models is preferred but not required.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 2+ years experience, or MS in a scientific discipline
- Strong experimental skills, including mammalian tissue culture, in vivo model development, drug administration by multiple routes, and blood/tissue collection.
- Experience with cell-based assays and Western blot is not mandatory but desirable.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with commonly used data analysis programs such as Excel and Prism strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Takeda s high-engagement culture is an important factor in our success; we seek team members who will contribute to and further strengthen that culture.