Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Global Medical Lead Entyvio in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- To be a key member of the Product Medical Unit who supports the strategic development and execution of a robust patient-centric Global Medical Plan for a key brand in the Takeda GI Global Medical Franchise
- To be a key contributor for the cross-functional development of the Global Medical Affairs strategy, its implementation and delivery for the Brand within the Product Medical Unit (PMU). Partners with other PMU members and Commercial and Clinical stakeholders in establishing a medical strategy which is wholly aligned with the brand plan and the Takeda GI vision.
- Is a core member of the Product Medical Unit (MU)* responsible for generating the Global Product Medical Plan and its implementation. *
- *The Product Medical Unit is the team comprising experts from the therapy area medical group and functions such as strategy, project management, publications, research, medical information, etc.
- Works cross-functionally to develop and implement significant Global Medical Affairs (GMA) activities for strategically assigned global brands
- Partners with the Commercial and Clinical stakeholders in establishing a medical strategy which is wholly aligned with the brand plan
- Drives, articulates and socialize an ongoing data driven context check to frame key data releases, extract and exploit value and pre-identify and address data gaps supporting both assets and disease area assumptions (related to the context)
- Responsible for driving alignment on medical content/messaging within the organization to ensure maximal functional and regional input.
- Represents GMA supporting "Disease Area Strategies"
- Supports Access teams with medical/scientific expertise.
- Contributes to creating the Brand Medical Strategy document with input from the Regional/Local Operating Company Medical Directors
- Provides functional leadership to contribute to successful launch and life cycle management of a prioritized global brand
- Provides medical leadership for external interactions with stakeholders including key opinion leaders, advisory boards, academic groups, scientific societies, and patient advocacy groups. Can represent GMA as needed at Global Brand Team, Global Product Team (GPT) and other cross-functional teams
- Contributes to Phase IIIb/IV research data generation plans aligned with brand and market access strategy
- Takes the lead on drafting and final writing of protocols for GMA Medical Affairs Company Sponsored studies. Acts as a Medical Lead for the GMA Medical Affairs Company Sponsored / Collaborative studies. Oversees study conduct, data analysis and disclosure, reporting/publication.
- Contributes to the delivery and alignment of the GMA medical strategy plan in collaboration with Regional MDs and relevant LOC s.
- Responsible for review and certification of assigned brand-related clinical content material development for medical education, medical communication, publications and Key Opinion Leader (KOL) engagement plans
- Provides medical-scientific training to internal/external stakeholders as required
- Supports Global Medical Head by providing brand input into the GI Franchise strategy document. As needed, contributes to consultation/evaluation of assets in the therapeutic area in the earlier phases of the product life cycle.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- MD, PHD/MBA is a plus, at least 3 years of demonstrated leadership in a pharmaceutical Medical Affairs role and preferably a minimum of 5 years total pharma industry experience
- At least 3 years experience working in the area of immune mediated disorders, experience in Inflammatory Bowel Disease desirable
- Experience working on Global Products engaging with International KOLs and delivering on a multinational value-proposition for the assigned product
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in complex matrix environments
- Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical industry dynamics and trends including a good understanding of the life cycle of a brand from cross-functional perspectives (e.g. marketing, pricing and reimbursement, supply chain).
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, including proven success in communicating ideas to build collaborative work relationships
- Advanced interpersonal and negotiation skills including clear achievements in positively influencing key stakeholders
- Fluency in English
- Direct experience in drug development and/or good understanding of development techniques
- Proven experience in and understanding of multiple regional/country markets
- Deep understanding of the brand(s)/therapeutic area and the stakeholders needs
- Fluency in more than one language
- The position will require approximately 10-20% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.