Takeda s Immuno-Oncology DDU is seeking a highly-motivated lab-based immune-biologist to contribute to preclinical projects by designing, executing, and analyzing mechanistic experiments. Our new team member will have the opportunity to lead from the lab to advance novel and differentiated therapeutic modalities toward preclinical and clinical milestones by internal projects and working with external partners.
- Evaluate test molecules in syngeneic murine tumor models, with ability to design and perform multi-parameter flow cytometry experiments and other pharmacodynamic assessments.
- Work independently and as a team member to conduct in vivo laboratory studies (model development, tolerability, PK/PD, single agent and combination efficacy) to support compound screening and novel MOA characterization.
- Work with colleagues to establish and independently perform functional in vitro assays that can be used to understand therapeutic potential
- Provide intellectual and experimental contributions that support preclinical projects from inception through clinical development.
- Impact highly-matrixed and diverse teams using clear communication and collaborative spirit
- Work independently to propose, design, execute, troubleshoot, analyze, and present experimental findings
- Detail-oriented scientist that maintain experimental records and prepare study reports suitable for regulatory filings and/or are transferable to team members and external partners.
- Able to design and execute hypothesis-driven experiments based on internal and external published findings.
- Mastery of in vivo techniques including serial transplantation, tumor dissociation, and ex vivo analysis that can be applied to projects and drive decision making.
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets (cytokine analysis, multi-parameter flow cytometry)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in , Immunology, Cancer Biology, Pharmacology or other related field with 0-3 years of post-graduate experience; or B.S./Masters in relevant field with at least 4 years professional experience.
- Hands-on experience and ability to work independently under minimal supervision in carrying out FACs-based studies and downstream analysis with cytometers such as LSRII, FACS CANTO, and FACSAria II/III
- Experience working with syngeneic mouse models in the context of immune or cancer biology, including hands-on experience with ex vivo isolation and manipulation of various immune cell subsets from mouse tissues
- Experience working with human immune cells to perform functional assays and relevant co-cultures.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals demonstrating expertise and achievements in a relevant discipline
- Good communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong team player who thrives in a dynamic, biotech-like environment