Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. We endeavor to build an industry-leading Discovery Toxicology program at Takeda. Become a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission by joining as a Discovery Toxicologist in our Cambridge, MA office.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in prominent roles supporting cross-functional Discovery teams. She/he is able to leverage their deep insights into cellular and pathway mechanisms, coupled with knowledge of toxicology in order to provide expert advice and direction to improve the quality of therapeutics. An emphasis in the field of Rare Diseases or Immunology as well as experience in new modalities would be a strong plus.
- As part of the Global Discovery Toxicology Team work in interdisciplinary teams within and across Global Safety to provide safety support to early discovery teams and engage in core activities within the Discovery Toxicology group
- Work as part of a team of safety assessment scientists and more broadly DMPK, pathology, pharmacology, and medicinal chemistry experts to implement discovery toxicology strategy to enable the selection and progression of optimized drug candidates
- Apply novel toxicity mechanism-based assays and integrated models to support early target safety and chemistry evaluation.
- Additional responsibilities include leading or supporting inter- and intra-departmental initiatives.
- Provide pharmaceutical drug project teams with expert advice and direction to improve the quality of therapeutics selected for further development based on proactive risk assessment of target- and chemotype-related toxicities
- Develop comprehensive target safety reviews with risk mitigation plan for early drug discovery project teams based on literature, bioinformatics, and other predictive tools.
- Apply state of the art in silico, in vitro, and in vivo de-risking strategies to aid in the selection and optimization of large and small molecule therapeutics, as well as new therapeutic modalities
- Lead the development of early hypothesis-driven investigation into mechanisms of toxicity for the proactive management of potential safety liabilities and communication of impact to teams
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Minimum of MS/PharmD with 15+ years of pharmaceutical experience or PhD in a scientific discipline and 10+ years of experience working at a pharmaceutical company
- Demonstrated project team experience at a pharmaceutical company and ability to work effectively in a matrix, global environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong problem solver who is highly organized with the ability to thrive in an environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Passion to decrease safety related attrition in drug discovery
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Experience in development across mixed modalities and an extensive knowledge in rare diseases, immunology, and/or oncology is desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop solid, long term relationships and the ability to influence others, and adept at working across multiple cross-functional areas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- DABT certification a plus, but not necessary
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.