Associate Director Environmental, Health and Safety
Direct the implementation of a comprehensive environment, health, and safety (EHS) program for the Site. Develop strategic plans for continuous improvement in EHS performance. Provide leadership as the management representative for EHS, influence and direct employees at all levels of the organization to achieve excellence in EHS. Implement the company s management system for EHS and develop and implement systems/programs to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, permits, and company requirements. Functioning as a member of the site s leadership team, work closely with peers to build a culture of EHS excellence at the site. Direct and support the work of the EHS professionals at the site and develop a high performing team culture for the EHS department.
- Manage the development, planning and implementation of strong environmental, health and safety programs in alignment with legal, regulatory, corporate requirements and industry best practice.
- Support business growth via management of permit revisions and new regulatory requirements; assess new projects/processes for impact on same and health & safety of employees.
- Manage and oversee the occupational health program on-site, including case management and appropriate interfaces with corporate, HR and legal.
- Define, maintain and manage the site emergency response procedures to assure preparedness and organized management of crisis situations.
- Ensure continual improvement through implementation of the Takeda s EHS management system, including facilitating risk assessments, setting targets, and monitoring performance.
- Champion and support resource conservation initiatives in cooperation with facilities and engineering.
- Lead and direct the EHS team at the site
- Develop a strong safety culture across the site, ensuring all incidents are reported, investigated and corrective actions implemented as appropriate
- Responsible for creating and managing the EHS budget and long-range plan.
- Represent the site in Corporate EHS initiatives
- Complete mandatory training within required timeframe
- Perform other duties as assigned
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
NUMBER SUPERVISED WORKERS
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- B.S. Degree in Environmental, Safety of related field, preferred M.S. Degree in Environmental, Safety or related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience. Must be highly conversant in EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations. Must be experienced with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 EHS Management Systems.
- Must be knowledgeable in most US EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations, must be experienced with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 management systems.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing or other high hazard industry (oil & gas, pulp & paper, chemical manufacturing, steel, etc)
- Ability to make decisions about complex EHS situations and topics when the solution is not clear
- Ability to lead, inspire, and direct a team of EHS professionals.
- Ability to create and manage a budget
- Strong communication skills are required
- Ability to create presentations without assistance to Senior Executives
- Must be action oriented and self-driven
- Demonstrated ability of simplifying the complex and placing resources on what s critcial.
- Have the courage and conviction to speak-up when needed
- Ability to lead by influence and work in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrate intellectual honesty
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong change management skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIORNMENT:
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 25 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination or sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility
- May be required to work in a confined area
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body
- No make-up, jewelry, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment
- Must be able to support/work multiple shifts, including weekend
- May travel occasionally
Brooklyn Park, MN