Associate Director, Field Training Immunology
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Field Training Immunology in our Lexington office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Field Capabilities & Training team supports the development and execution of:
- Selling skills, product training curriculum and maintenance of compliant training content for Takeda s sales teams to include Initial Sales Training, Field Leadership and National Sales Meetings, POA and product launch training in alignment with Sales and Marketing.
- Sales Manager training to include product and disease state, field coaching of selling skills, and business specific processes, i.e. business planning, analytics, performance management.
- Continuing skill development for sales representatives to include advanced training and representative learning journeys.
- Strategies, responsibilities and training of Regional Sales Trainers for IST program and the creation and execution of remote training through designated Regional Sales Trainers if applicable.
- On-boarding of ST&D (use long form vs. acronym) personnel and Sales Trainer/Training Manager development.
This position leads a team of Sales Training Managers and Sales Trainers to ensure that the learning strategy and approach is aligned with overarching business strategies and Commercial Learning & Development. The Associate Director will collaborate with Marketing and Sales Leadership to assess ongoing sales performance and business challenges and develop appropriate interventions to support the organization in meeting its goals.
- Creates comprehensive Sales Training, Continuing Education and Business Unit Training plans to support the short and long term objectives of the sales organization.
- Works in alignment with marketing and sales leadership to ensure integration of current strategy, materials and messaging into all training. Approves the sales training curriculum and assesses the programs to ensure they are meeting Takeda s strategic business goals.
- Assesses the performance of sales teams and the impact of training initiatives.
- Oversees the development and execution of IST, advanced training, FLM/NSM/POA, launch training, and all other product or selling skills training initiatives. Oversees the design, develop and execution of competency-based learning plans and curriculum maps for representative development immediately after completion of Initial Training through all sales representative levels.
- Oversees all aspects of selling skills and product training offerings and works with Learning Strategy & Operations to regularly analyze, assess and monitor training effectiveness to ensure that appropriate revisions to or enhancements of programs are being implemented.
- Oversees regular reviews of all training materials to ensure they reflect latest market trends & conditions. Consults with the MRL team when appropriate.
- Approves sales trainee evaluation process and supports Learning Strategy & Operations Assessment Strategy and HR guidelines, including the process for developing training assessment tests and certification exams.
- Approves and submits initial sales training calendar.
- Ensures appropriate and timely communications to field management as it pertains to Sales Training initiatives, in coordination with Sales Operations and the CL&D Communications team.
- Oversees the creation and execution of a Sales Trainers and STM s development plan to enhance current skills and feed a high caliber pool of first and/or second line candidates.
- Reviews management/trainer recommendations of poor and marginal performers in IST and collaborates with Dir/Sr. Director and HR to determine ultimate course of action.
- Conducts final interviews for selection approval of new hires for product team.
- Develops, manages and monitors training groups commercial budget and submits to Dir/Sr. Director of CL&D for approval throughout fiscal year.
- Negotiates contracts and recommends final vendor selection for sales training programs and activities to Dir/Sr. Director for final approval.
- Works in close alignment with Learning Strategy & Operations and Leadership Development to foster alignment of needs assessment, as well as optimized design, development, storage and evaluation of deliverables.
- Complies with all TPUSA operational guidelines and Code of Conduct and ensures that all activities and materials, observed or taught, are also in accordance with these guidelines.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree
- 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales or pharmaceutical marketing
- 6 years of Pharmaceutical Commercial Management experience.
- Previous Sales Training Management experience
- Advanced degree
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 15-20% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.