Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Head of Product Management, Development Core in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Head of Product Management, working on the Development Core team, you will be empowered to provide leadership to the business stakeholders and IT. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda s mission by defining business opportunities and outcomes. A typical day will include:
- Provides leadership to the business stakeholders and IT to deliver on business opportunities and outcomes and, to drive continuous delivery of value using agile IT life cycle management from product prototyping, development, optimizations and renewals to product terminations.
- Oversee the development of one or multiple product strategies, fitting into long-term roadmaps and drive the product priority-setting of capabilities and features in response to business needs aligned with IT architecture, deployment and product and release management.
- Proactively contribute, influence and oversight of product related end-to-end customer/business experiences and influence relevant stakeholders to support and deliver successful product releases.
- Oversee the assignment resources to product teams to both perform agile development with fungible resources and, where appropriate, be persistent project team members.
- Manages Product Management team and associated sub-teams assigning resources to support product teams on an as needed basis.
- Influences and contribute to business stakeholders and IT on current business plans and strategies and future opportunities and developments, providing product recommendations to build a pipeline of meaningful release
- Manage and influence key stakeholders across business and, technology to develop and convey product visions.
- Determine development of a product vision, strategy and roadmap whilst aligning key stakeholders based capability and features and needs..
- Maintain- and serve as the communicator- of the product vision.
- Use broad knowledge of IT and new and established technology developments and consult with key players to enhance products, to define products and to develop prototypes and to develop a roadmap for ongoing and new product development.
- Lead and contribute to the development of products by using persuasion and negotiating skills to reach agreement on approach, development and implementation.
- Oversee the Product Life Cycle(s) for the business, by translating potential pipeline products to agile development project, work closely with development teams to create new business product releases focusing on additional and/or new functionality, product simplification and to increase transparency.
- Manage the product planning fitting in long-term roadmaps and aligned with short-term release plans.
- Influence the prioritization of the product backlog to keep agile teams unblocked and aligned.
- Manage gathering of research to identify articulated and non-articulated product needs.
- Closely monitor product portfolios and business composition, gather relevant data to continuously gain new insight and adjust roadmaps, offering to optimize performance and effectiveness.
- Manage and take responsibility for sustainability of the end-to-end customer experience of products developed.
- Estimate approximate workload requirements and timeline predictions for several to many professionals and continuously monitor and prioritize product developments and workflow and capacity to deliver the most significant value to the product users.
- Communicate issues and successes up and down in the project groups, IT and the business.
- Oversee and manage product budgets established in consultation with stakeholders by balancing resources, vision development, and prototyping, and sustain product teams to deliver and maintain the product.
- Continually monitor and refine the product and lead and influence the performing service management and expert opportunities to optimize use experiences.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline, computer science or business administration is preferred.
- 8 -10 years or more of relevant professional experience in research of development business lines, IT service delivery or related area.
- 5+ years managing teams, experience in managing global teams remotely preferred
- Professional in-depth knowledge of product management in pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management. Influential in orchestrating key stakeholders and product teams to turn product vision into reality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, business acumen, and enterprise knowledge.
- Extensive experience in design or in implementing solutions or products and preferable experienced in quality improvement.
- Understand design thinking and can explain and convince stakeholders.
- Work with virtual/agile teams in different locations, aligning and adapting different work, culture and communication styles.
- Extensive Project management experience.
- Master s Degree
- Familiarity working in a lean and agile software delivery team is preferred.
- Is an accomplished practitioner of design thinking, with a proven track record of developing and exploiting deep customer insights.
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical life science products.
- Able to think counterproductive, out of the box and is able to convince stakeholders.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.